Chapter 17 Chantel

"Coi, what? Why are you here, and how did you get here?" I asked, staring at them both in complete shock.

"Relax, Debra Cox. I followed you two from the club. I needed to check on you, since you haven't been answering or returning any of my calls these last few weeks. I had to make sure this nutjob hadn't murdered you."

"I'm fine. Why did you bring him?"

"Well he- I'll let him tell you... Ahyan, tell her."

"Yeah, tell us." Marcus intervened, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Well first off, I want to apologize about our last encounter. I was out of line and character, Chantel."

"Why you apologizing to her? I'm the one with a fucked up jaw."

"Marcus," I exhaled, turning to around, before pulling him to the side. "Let me handle this. Can you wait outside?"

"This is my- our house. Why do you want me to leave?"

"I can never have simple conversations with you around. I just need a few minutes."

He paused a minute to take my words are into consideration, before kissing my cheek and heading toward the door. Facing Coi and Ahyan, I crossed my arms and continued the conversation. "Everything is fine, it's the past right? No hard feelings."

"Great, but what we really came to talk to you about, is this job offer."

"Job offer?"

"Yes. You did so good with the schools, that you caught a few interests. They want to set up a few more presentations, since you actually made a change three of the school's diet plans."

"When?" I asked, completely excited, obviously getting in way over my head. "I mean, I'll have to think it over some, but it sounds really interesting."

"We'll just let us know, we can set it up as soon as you're ready."

"Beautiful home, baby sis." Coi hugged me tightly, as I smiled. "Don't forget to call me tonight."

I showed them to the door before jumping around excitedly. "What's up? What made you so happy?" Marcus asked, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"You mean other than this house?"

11:36 A.M.

Marcus wanted to spend the day with Skyleigh and Casey at the park, which was perfect, because I wanted to get a better look at our future home.

The entry way looked beautiful with the morning light gleaming through the windows. Walking outside, I noticed a woman spraying down her lawn, before waving me over in her direction. 

She took the initiative to meet me half way, before pulling me in for a hug, excitedly. "You must be our new neighbors?" Her heavy accent called, while her eyes watched me closely.

"Yes, I'm Chantel and my fiancé's name is Marcus."

"Oh you're getting married. When is the wedding? My name is Franny, by they way, short for Francesca."