Chapter 22 Kaidyn

I pulled over, noticing Daniel's car, parked at the side of Rock's club. Stopping to deliver the news to him early, I realized there was another familiar car parked near the exit.

Entering and maneuvering around the many men, who carried newly purchased club furniture, I noticed Daniel having a full blown conversation with Jelly. They seemed to be having some sort of disagreement, while I neared. He didn't even see me approaching the two, but Jelly did, giving me a quick smirk.

"Hey, baby." I smiled, kissing his cheek, while he gave me a clueless glare.

"Kaidyn, I didn't know you were coming. Daniel told you he was meeting me?"

"Of course he did." I lied, smiling in her face, and grinning back at Daniel, who went along with the lie, nodding his head.

"I'll let you two finish. Daniel, can you meet me in the office, when you're done?"

"Yeah, just a second."

His voice was low, keeping an eye on me, until I was out of his distance. The anger in Jelly's eyes was shocking, as I watched her storming away, through the camera monitor. 

Daniel made his way to the office, where I pretended not to be concerned. "What was that about?" I asked as he shut the door behind him.

"She said she needed to talk, so I decided to hear her out."

"Oh, talk about what?"

"What did you come here for, again?" He ignored my question, changing the subject, as I sat there with my arms crossed. I decided not to pressure him about the situation, instead, I wanted to share my news.

"I found the perfect location for my business."

"Damn, that's great news baby! Where?" His entire mood changed, like it was benefiting him in a way, which subconsciously changed mine. He seemed genuinely just as excited as I was.

"It's downtown. I really want you to come with me today, to check it out!"

"I would, but we're in the middle of getting this place renovated. I can't leave, just yet."

"Renovated? For what? Who's going to run the club now? Since Rock is... gone."

"Marcus and I. This is a good business move for the both of us, to clean up some of the money."

"A club? I'm not sure about that Daniel." I wanted to share the excitement with him, like he had done with me, but this was dangerous. The did not need any more exposure, especially with their line of work.

"This isn't what you think. We won't be inside of the club, we own it. We have mangers lined up, accountants, all of the handled, don't worry."

"I just don't want anything to backfire, Daniel."

"It won't." He assured me, before looking down at his phone and declining a call. I figured it was from her, before Daniel continued to talk.

I made a mental note find out why Jelly was appearing so much lately. First the funeral, now here, something wasn't adding up.

I decided to let Daniel finish whatever he had to do for the club, since it would take up my day if I waited.

While reversing my car, I hear a loud noise that startled me, before I put it in drive. There was already a car pulling into my parking space, so I decided to drive to another, to find out what the noise was. Since the club was on a hill, I would have to make a circle down the block, and come back up to park. My car instantly began accelerating, as I rode before mashing my right foot onto the break. When the car did not slow down, I pressed a little harder, and only continued to move faster. Instantly going into panic mode, I saw a woman holding her daughters hand, while crossing the street as I headed for her direction. I turned the wheel as hard as I could, practically flying around the corner to avoid the two, before smashing into the back of a car. I blacked out.