Chapter 23 Dandria

"I mean, I just didn't feel like I had to mention it to him." I spoke through the phone to Kaidyn, while she listened quietly.

"So, who's Spencer? Where is all of this coming from?"

"Well, while I was in college, I couldn't live on campus, seeing that I had to take care of Danielle because she was still so young. Mama was always passed out, and some random man was always in the house. It just became too much, Kay! One day, an older man came into my job, and he seemed so established, wearing a suit with a fancy watch. To add temptation, he was extremely handsome, with a perfect white smile. It had to be like his third time stopping bye, and not even purchasing anything. So this time, he decided to give me his card, along with a huge tip, so you know I called. It wasn't two weeks before he started offering me gifts I couldn't refuse, from necklaces, earrings hundreds of dollars at a time, and I became infatuated with him, well his money. I mean, this was nice for a struggling college student, from our projects. Things really got bad when I realized that my mom started stealing things from me; It was little stuff, like a few dollars from what he'd given me, to a pair or earring, to my entire hidden stash of money. I finally had a way to contribute more to my home than just bill money, and my mom was fucking it up, that's when I knew I had to get out." I elaborated, taking a seat on the sofa while holding my huge stomach. "I knew this grown ass many wouldn't continue to spoil me for long, with nothing in return, so that's when we began sleeping together." I could hear Kaidyn gasping on the other end of the phone, before I decided to continue. "Spencer put me in my own house, while paying every single bill he had in my name, to build my credit. Kaidyn, I was devastated when I found out he was married, even though I had a feeling he was. Since I was depending on him financially, I couldn't just stop seeing him, not at that point, so I waited until I had a better job, then I ended the relationship. Of course I would see him occasionally, when times got hard, or when I was lonely, but he house is in my name now, even though Spencer owned the property. That wasn't for Danielle to tell Cam, though. Kaidyn, I ran into Spencer a few weeks ago and he gave me a large check, but when I tried to give it back to him, he refused to accept it, so I left it in my glove department."

I was getting upset all over again, thinking about the mess Danielle has caused once again.

"Dria, you should have told him."

"And I planned to."

"Planned to when? Whenever Danielle's ass threatened to beat you to it... It's nearly been a year, Dria... You should have told."

"Look Kaidyn, I told you I was going to tell him. I don't need to be lectured, only helpful advice at this point, please!" I could feel myself become overwhelmed with guilt.

"Okay, so what's your next move?"

"I just need to talk to Cam."

"What about the check, Dria... Shouldn't you return it?"

I knew what I had to do, Kaidyn was right, I owed that to Cam, I was wrong and should have told him.

"Ms.Taylor?" The shocked receptionist greeted. "I haven't seen you here since...."

"I know, I know... Is Spencer in?"

"Mr.King is right this way!" She led me to his office with a blushing face, and she wasn't the only one. Most of the staff had all eyes on me, and I knew exactly why.