Chapter 8 Chantel

"Why is she outside of my parent's home? I knew you were fucking her, Marcus! Get the fuck out of here!" I spoke lowly, while following him through the house. Shoving my hands against his back, I tried to push him outside of the front door, but his body barely budged. I peeked around him, to see her sitting on the drivers side of her car.

"Stay right here." Marcus dictated, leaving me on the porch, while he headed to her car. I watched closely, but could barely hear anything. When Chelsea placed her hand on Marcus', I made my way in their direction. I wanted to slap that grin off of her face. "Why are you here?"

"Didn't I tell you to wait back there?"

"I don't care what you told me, Marcus, I'm a grown ass woman! Why is she here?

"Chantel, Chantel, still insecure I see. You should leave that to the younger girls."

"I'm not talking to you, Chelsea! So, your best interest would be to shut the hell up!" I turned to Marcus, folding my arms. "Why is this hoe here? You two together, now?"

"Hoe? I'm a hoe? Okay, Chantel. Let's stop with the name calling, we're not five."

"You are a hoe! Let's not list the names."

"I have a name or two myself, if you want to take it there. You know what they say, Marcus... The one accusing, is the one doing." She smirked, before winking in my direction. I knew she was talking about Ron, and it hurt me, to see the look on Marcus' face.

"Go back in the house, Chantel." Marcus was obviously trying to help me save face, but I didn't need it. Who did she think she was? Chelsea slept with Daniel, Jahleel, Shaheem, and I'm betting to put money on Paul. Me suspecting something between her and Marcus was sure to come, and I never put it past them. There was no way I would let her shame me for my affair, when she was no better.

"I want to hear what she has to tell you."

"That's none of your business. We're not together, remember?" He stared down at me in a serious manner.

Chelsea

I came to Marcus on a business tip, with no funny business included. He wanted me to get information for him, and was willing to pay, since I knew a few guys. It didn't take long for me to find out who and why they ran in Marcus' place.

Of course, when I saw his vehicle parked outside of the house, I stopped to deliver the important news. Leave it up to his crazy and egotistical child's mother, to start unnecessary drama.

Chantel never liked me. She never even tried to establish a friendly relationship with me, seeing that Marcus and I had similar connections. She always thought Marcus and I were fooling around, but it was never that type of party. I flirted with him every now and then, but it was innocent, and strictly business the majority of the time.

Chantel and I were pretty cordial, until she found out that Daniel and I were having sex. It was nothing more than sex, and she still disapproved, like he was her own. Then came Jahleel and the rest, and Chantel stopped hiding her hate.

The both of us got into a heated argument, and she called me every name in the book, including an informant ass bitch.

Like most women who were in my shoes, I used my body to get the things that I needed. This included retaining information from certain men, and selling it to others. Marcus was a different case, because I had built loyalty him. He never crossed me, and always had my best interest, when doing business. Also, he never gave out any information, which made it impossible to even potentially make money off of his word.

So, when he came to me, wanting to find out who broke into his home, I promised to get word back as soon as possible.

I just didn't know how he would take the news, once he actually found out. Now, here I was trying to break the ice, with Chantel bitching and whining behind him.

"You're right, Marcus. We're not together, do whatever you want with this nasty bitch!"

"Chantel, I don't want your man! Marcus, please control your bitch!"

"His what?" Chantel reached for me, before Marcus caught her arm. "Fuck both of you!" She stormed off, toward the house.

Marcus turned to me, leaning downward against the car. "What's good? What you heard?"

Chantel

I couldn't believe she had the nerve to come by. I hadn't seen or heard from her in over a year, and now she was popping up to see Marcus? It didn't sit well with me, and I knew that she was up to something.

Nearly ten minutes later, Marcus was barging back into my parent's home. "Time to go home, Chan." It was clear that he was talking for my parents, trying to cover up the real meaning of his words.

"What home, baby? Did you forget?" I smiled, cradling Sky in my arms. He smiled back, before leaning closer to my ear, so that I could only hear what he was about to say. "Get the fuck up!"

My smile faded, as I rose from the sofa. "Mom, Dad. I'll call you when I make it home, alright?"

"You're leaving already?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at Marcus, while he took Sky from me, and made his way to the truck.

"Yeah, I'll call you. Okay?" I rushed out of the house, before she could harass me with questions.

Marcus was strapping Sky in her carseat, as I took a seat on the passengers side, slamming the door as hard as I could. "Do you know that you verbally abuse me?"
He ignored my statement, slamming the backdoor, before getting in the drivers side, and pulling off.

When we made it to Erica's house, I turned to Marcus scrunching my face in confusion. "What's going on?"

"Wait right here." He got out of the truck, making his way into her home.
At this point, I was more than confused. Why were we here, and where were we going? Casey walked outside, climbing into the vehicle with a wide grin. "Hey, Chantel! I lost my tooth, see!" He opened his mouth, exposing the gap, where a tooth once was.

"I see, Casey. Watch your baby sister, okay?"

"Okay!"

Quickly jumping out, I hurried into the house, to find Marcus rushing Erica, as she packed her bag. "Marcus, tell me what's going on?"

"Go get back in the truck, Chantel."

"No, you need to let me know what's going on. Don't tell me you plan on doing something crazy?"

"All done!" Erica ignored our conversation, grabbing her bag and dragging it out of the house.

He followed behind her, and I followed behind him, completely worried. What was going on?

I overhead Marcus making reservations, as we drove to the unknown destination. He didn't say a word to any of us, which bothered me. I wasn't sure if Erica knew where we were headed, or why we were headed there, but then again, she didn't seem to care. Did this bitch think this was a family vacation? I reclined against the seat, hoping this would all be over soon.

After two hours of driving, we finally made it to the hotel. "Why are we here, Dad?" Casey asked, as Marcus carried Sky, who was still sleeping.

"Help your mama with her bags." Marcus responded, never answering the question. The suite was beautiful, and very spacious. There were two separate bedrooms, a kitchen, and living room. Casey and Erica went off to examine the room, while Marcus placed Skyleigh on the sofa, removing her shoes.

"What's going on, Marcus? Are you in trouble?"

"I heard her coughing earlier, I think she's getting a cold." He gave her a kiss on the forehead, and Casey the same, when he finally made it back, before making his way to the door.

"What am I supposed to do, Marcus? Marcus! Marcus!"

He slammed the door on his way out, leaving the four of us behind.

Thank you for reading! Comment and Vote!!!!!!