வார்த்த ஒன்னு வார்த்த ஒன்னு கொல்ல பாக்குதே

வார்த்த ஒன்னு
வார்த்த ஒன்னு
கொல்ல பாக்குதே

Kathir and Mullai stood in each other's embrace forgetting the surrounding. An ambulance siren brought them out of their reverie.

They both chuckled, feeling how they forgot their surroundings.

They came out of their embrace , clasping her hands tightly,

Kat: epdi iruka? Nee epdi inga vandha correct aa? Apo andha neram kekamaranten sollu.

Mullai kept mum, she didn't know how will he react knowing she had come voluntarily to the POK area.

She still remembers the events from Mumbai, how would he react now?

Would he pissed and angry?

Taking a deep breath, she decided to come clean, better to get his wrath for her stunt rather than breaking his trust with lie.

Mul: sonna kova pada koodadhu kathir.

Kat: maaten sollu....

Mul: adhu vandhu.....naan anga unga restricted area ku media coverage ku vandhen.

Kat: what the fuck? Loosa di nee....

Mul: kathir...she admonished him for cussing...

Kat: pinnaa enna di....moola irukura evanum vandhu warzone la voluntary vizhundu cover pana maatanga...

Nee enna na ipdi paniruka..

Mul: I was freaking worried about you guys...endha news um varala...enaku anga iruppu kolalla...

What was I supposed to do?

Indha 8 months la u have never gone for so many days...infact, prabha sir kum endha idea um illa communication establish avala ne solitu irundaru...

Naan panadhu thappu nu enaku thonala..

Unaku thonichina enaku solla edhume illa..

Kat: apdi enna iruppu kolalla unaku?

Mul: sonna unaku puriyadhu kathir...

Enaikachum if am stuck in such situation you would no...

Kathir was still angrily staring at her.

Mul: moraikadha kathir...

And she turned her face, showing she wasn't going to budge nor apologize for taking such a risk.

He started the jeep towards their house, both of them were right in their own way and headstrong as well. Neither of them showed any chance or choice of budging.

They kept themselves away from each other for the rest of the day, the wind-up work was keeping them occupied as well. They were hooked on to their reports that did let them cool off their mind on each other partly.

It was around 8pm, and Mullai was standing before his study room, confused should she knock the door or not. While she was confused on the further steps, she was almost knocked down by kathir who stepped out of his office work.

Kat: inga enna di panra.

Mul: night sapda enna venum num keka vanden, venam na poo...

And she walked away, only to be twirled back into his arms. Mullai turned her face the other way, there was no way she is going to budge in the very first attempt.

Kat: the footage was good...ipo dan paathen...its an exclusive la...

Mul: exclusive kaga lan panala...

Kat: theriyum enakaga dane pana....

Mul: illa kanna ka ga...

Kathir chuckled lightly.

Mul: ipo eduku indha namuttu sirippu...

Kat: namattu sirippa....haha...

Enaku enga ooru nyabagam varudu...

Mul: an varum varum...

Kat: seri sorry...edho oru bhayam unaku edhachumaachina adhan..vera edhum illa...nee serious aagadha..

Mul: haan haann...vaa vandhu sapdu....

Kat: sapda enna pananum nu keka vandadha sonna..

Mullai bit her lips, for blurting out.

Mul: aama Captain sir ku menu vera ketu samarikuranga...naan samachu vachiruken venum na vandhu sapdu...

He joined for dinner, his ever favorite menu was laid on the table. How lucky was he to have this girl in his life?

His mind drifted to the thin band resting in the draw of his work bench. Now that kanna was safe and back, his mind took him back to his gift.

How and when to propose her?

She was the one who had proposed him first for love, least he wanted to make a proper proposal for marrying her.

He didn't wanna do it in the nick of the moment, he wanted to make her feel special. Once, she gives her nod, he had to confess to his family.

The latter part would be too much of an emotional coaster ride for him, he wanted her by his side to tally his low emotional level. He didn't want to do it through phone, he knew his yearly vacation was scheduled for the month of December.

How could he forget the best day for proposing her to join his life till his final breath last as his partner, other than the day she cried her first. She is already his physically, mentally but legally he wanted to let everyone know they belonged to each other. He knew pretty well, though theirs is a progressive society, he was well aware of all the fingers that would point at her direction, if some mishaps happen.

Fuck, how did he forget.

He sat slamming his head, mutterning countless "muttal" repeatedly. They had been physically intimate and shared themselves, not that he regrets the moment.

But, how could he lose control and be intimate without any contraceptions. Oh gosh, this had completely let go of his mind. On his birthday, while laying bare hugging her close to his body, he did think about getting asking her to take an oral contraceptions and to get couple of condoms, for sure he knew this was not going to be a one time event.

The next day, the call from camp had kept him on his toes, and he completely forgot it. Gosh, he really prayed he didn't goof up. And that was how, she found him when she came to their room with jug full of water. All pained, knee deep in thought and conversation.

Mul: kathir, enna aachu? She shook him of his thoughts...

Kat: sorry mulla..

Mul: edhuku ithana tharava solra...I know it was just ur concern...

Kat: adhuku illa...

Mul: aprom?

Kat: anaiku en birthday anaiku...am sorry....

Mullai felt her world crashing down, with his words, did he regret their closeness and intimacy? Was he judging her for she clearly knew it was her who initiated it. She had presented herself to him.

Did she fall in his eyes?

Her orbs gave away her inner turmoil, they flow freely as if there was no dam to stop its turbulent flow, and she rushed out crying her lungs out, making kathir confuse on what went wrong and where and why the hell she was running out into open at this hour of the day.

The words he uttered came back with double the force.

Shit....

He cussed.

She got him all wrong, the apology he uttered for contraception was for sure misinterrupted and he followed her out and his heart broke to see the one girl he loved, cherished above himself crying her lungs out.

TBC.