No weakness anymore

Grace POV:

The faint buzzing of the lights above me seem to only fuel my nervousness. I wipe my sweaty hands on my white pants and take in a shaky breath. I was currently heading to the medical center ,after we finished training, the last place i wanted to be heading to right now. As i passed two nurses struggling with a patient i thought about todays training. Of course they were surprised seeing me all of a sudden. I could see millions of questions on Fours face, but i was glad when he held them back. I refused to look at Eric the entire time. The fact that he had seen me at my weakest made me uncomfortable and also scared that he might get under my skin again.

'Stop thinking about it! He hurt you! You hate him! A little comforting wont change that, dumbass!', i scold myself while approaching the door I've been dreading to knock on.

I take a deep breath, not allowing the upcoming tears to spill, and knock.

Shuffling of paper can be heard on the other side until the door is opened harshly.

"Im bus- Grace?", Stan half yelled.

I smile at him apologetically.

"Yeah, its me. Well you're clearly busy i can come back another time.", i mumble and am about to turn away but am held back by his hand on my shoulder.

"No, come in, i wondered were you've been all this time.", he says and opens the door wider for me to enter.

"Yeah, well you know i just-", i breath out and run a hand through my hair but stay silent looking at my lap not being able to say anything.

"You just needed to get your mind clear, i get it.", he finishes and i look into his eyes finding nothing but pure understanding in them.

I sigh trying to calm my thoughts.

"Look i, i just wanted-",i frown, frustrated at my sudden loss of words, Apologies are clearly not my thing, "i just wanted to apologize for, you know, trying to kill you, and stuff."

He chuckles at my choice of words and takes one of my hands in his.

"Relax Grace, that was expected. I mean, you lost your sister.", he says with a look of sympathy.

Silence.

"Stop doing that.", i sigh taking my hand out of his.

Confusion is written all over his face when he asks:"Do what?"

"Stop looking at me like im a lost puppy.", i say looking at my hands.

"Oh, i didnt- Well, i guess i did.", he mumbles.

"I wont break down, Stan. I spent all my life losing people i love and being pushed around. Im just done being weak, you know? The week ive been gone was my time to grieve, so i can focus on defeating my Mother. No more being weak, no more crying.", i say stubbornly.

Stan nods slowly.

"You know we were all quite worried that you baled on us. Expecially Evelyn and Eric.", he says.

My head shoots up and a narrow my eyes at him. "Eric?"

He nods. "You know, after seeing you in the state you've been in he was quite concerned."

I snort "Eric doesnt worry, Stan. He just hates having unnecessary problems around him. Also, Im a tough cookie im not killed easily, you know it and he knows it, too."

Stan shakes his head out of frustration and looks at me sternly.

"Grace, just promise me you'll hear him out. You dont have to forgive him.", he quickly adds when im about to protest, "just hear him out."

I sigh and stand up.

"I'll think about it.", i say making him roll his eyes.

I open the door of his office and am about to leave when i hear him say: "If you, by any chance, feel the urge of being weak again, you can come to me."

"Thanks, Stan.", i mutter a smile tugging at my lips and step out of his office, heading for the cafeteria.

-------------------------

I tense and stop my fork mid-air when someone plops down in the sit infront of me.

Four.

I relax again and take the bite of chicken on my fork.

"How are you feeling?", he asks ,its hard to hear him through the talking of the hundreds of people in the cafeteria.

"Good.", i say and take a sip of the water beside me.

"You sure you didnt seem-", he starts.

I slam my cup onto the table.

"Okay, what is this Toby? A interrogation? Because if it is, im not down for it.", i say waiting for him to answer.

He puts his hands up in surrender. "Im sorry im just trying to check on you okay. You know? Because we're friends?", he extends the word as if im a little kid and points between us.

I sigh. "Sorry, i know you are just trying to be a friend but stop that. Im fine. I've never been better in fact.", i say and take another bite of my chicken.

He murmurs an 'ok' before Tris and Felix sit down next to us. I see Eric and Max enter and take a seat on Evelyns table.

"Sooo, Grace, how-", Felix starts, but i get his intentions and slam my hand onto his mouth to stop him from talking.

"Stop. If anybody asks me that question again, im gonna start stabbing people. Understood?", i growl.

Felix nods and i put my hand down again.

Four starts to laugh and soon i find myself laughing, too. I was relaxed for the first time in forever and i enjoyed it.

I glanced around for a while to stop at Eric who was already looking at me.

'We need to talk', he mouths desperation clearly written on his face.

I frown and just shake my head. I wasnt ready. I knew if we talked now, he would weasel a way in again, like he always did in the past. And i wasnt ready for that.

I look back and see four looking between Eric and me furrowing his brows and shaking his head, but saying nothing.

I excused myself from the table and returned to my room.

My bed was still messy after i had gotten up this morning and refused to make it.

I kicked of my combat boots and stripped off my white pants and grey top i had worn all day and snuggled into the covers of my bed.

Soon after a deep dreamless sleep came over me.