Bad Blood

*2weeks later*

Grace POV:

Im currently sitting at breakfast and play with my muffin. Im not hungry in the least, my mind keeps spinning around what happened. Who could have possibly written that note?
I sigh and look at Max who was already starring at me.
"Grace, stop worrying about that stupid note.", Eric says while putting his arm around my shoulders, "you are not a murderer."
"How can you say that?", i mutter and pick at a loose blueberry.
"Because you aren't, you're a hero to every single one of us.", Max states waving his fork around.
"True that.", Four chimes in, bits of waffels he has been eating, falling out of his mouth. Tris slaps him upside the head. "I know we are dauntless but, Four if you ever want as much as see my vagina again you better behave yourself. Eat. normally.", she scolds and Lauren throws her head back, laughing.
I shake my head. "Stop calling me a hero.", i say and throw the muffin onto the table.
Eric tenses beside me and turns to glare at me. His arm leaves my shoulders and suddenly i wish its warmth would be back again.
"What the hell is your fucking problem?", he hisses.
I clench my fists and jump out of my chair. I slam my hand onto the table and lean forward so im barely inches away from Erics face.
"My problem, Eric, is that you all keep praising me for something i certainly am not. A hero. Because last time i checked i am a fucking murderer. It wasnt you who killed my sister and my mother in cold blood, was it?", i hiss and look around the table to see them already looking at me.
"Quit being a fucking depressed pansy and start appreciating that you're fucking alive! You almost died! Im done with you complaining all the time! Because thats all you've been doing lately!", Eric growls. I scoff and narrow my eyes at him. Oh, he did not just say that.
"Fine. Then go find somebody else to fuck tonight.", i hiss back, turn around and storm out of the messing hall.

Im supposed to be in the simulation rooms in 10 minutes but i was too angry to put up with the intiates facing their worst fears. Or put up with Eric in that matter since we were both assigned to watch.
Instead i run into the training room and approach the nearest punching bag, not even bordering to cover up my knuckles, i start punching and kicking it, making it swing back and forth violently.
I put all my frustration and anger into the kicks and punches and soon my knuckles are split and bleeding and sweat is dripping down my forehead. But i dont care. I keep hitting the bag until there is no anger, no frustration to put behind my punches. I hug the punching bag stopping it from swinging and start to sob.
I sink to my knees and lean my forehead on the rough material of the bag and let the tears go. And i cry, i cry for everything that had happened. I cry for my sister, for my dad, i cry for Tris' parents and also for Eric's i even cry for my mother.
I lay there for a while sobs racking my body until i had no tears to cry anymore.
My breath evens out and i pull myself up again, wiping the tear stains from my face.
I clear my throat and exit the training room trying to clean of the blood around my knuckles, that had dried already.
I turn the familiar corner and see four intiates nervously sitting before the simulation room. I glance at them briefly before entering the room.
I see Klarice trashing around in the chair and Eric standing infront of the monitor, watching the screen intensely.
I lean against the wall behind him and cross my arms infront of my chest.
He then seems to notice me and turns around.
Remorse fills his eyes as soon as he looks at me.
"Look, Grace im-", he starts.
"Just leave it!", i say sharply, cutting him of.
He sighs and turns around again as Klarice awakes with a loud gasp.
"7 minutes on point, good, you can leave now.", Eric says coldly and she runs out of the room, shaking.
"I have something to talk about with Max, potential people from 'Old Society', can you take it from here?", he asks me in the same tone. My heart stings at his voice but i keep my face void of emotion. I certainly wasnt going to be the first to give in.
"Yes.", i simply say and he nods leaving without another glance.
I sigh and turn to the door opening it and looking at the few initiates outside.
"Finn.", i say and let him enter before preparing another serum.

---------------------------------------

"You two are behaving like children.", Tris exclaims while we make our way through the piles of black tank tops in a clothing store.
"I dont care if im behaving like the queen, im not going to give in first!", i say and shrug.
She groans and throws a top at me.
"Try this on and shut up!", she says and i smirk going into the changing room.

--------------------------------

We had both bought our things and soon we made our way to the tattoo parlor. I hadnt gotten inked in a while so i decided to get a new tattoo.
We enter and i immediately spot Tori, cleaning her working place. Some guy sits on the chair and appereantly tries to hit on her. But it doesnt seem to faze her one bit.
She looks up and when she sees us she smiles brightly pushing the guy forcefully out of the chair and flipping him the bird.
He scoffs and stormes off.
"You can be so charming.", i laugh and sit onto the chair.
She just rolls her eyes and smirks.
"What can i do for you, your highness?", she asks, making Tris laugh beside me.
"Well what do you think? Lets get me inked up!", i say and tell her exactly what i want to have.

*15 minutes later*

We leave the tattoo parlor after i paid. I stare at my bandaged wrist. I loved it, but i forgot how irritated my skin gets when i get a new tattoo.
I bite my lip and start scratching across the bandage. Just a little bit, its so itchy!
My hand gets slapped away by Tris who glares and raises an eyebrow at me.
I sigh and we enter the messing hall since it is about dinner time.

-----------------------------

I walk down the dark hallways to my apartment quietly.
Eric hasnt been at dinner today. I felt coldness creeping up my body, it hasnt even been a day since we fought and i was already longing for his touch, his soft yet rough lips against mine.
I sigh and unlock my apartment door but freeze immediately at the sight before me.
Blood letters strech across my living room wall.

'Murderer'

I look further down and my eyes widen even more.
A small girl , maybe 4 or 5 years old was pinned against the wall with a knife in the head. Her dead eyes looking straight at me.

"Oh my god.", i choke out, and fall to my knees, shaking. My vision starts to get blurry again.

"Hey, Grace i think i forgot my-", Four enters but stops abruptly and gasps.

"Holy shit!", he growls and kneels beside me putting an arm around a shoulder.
"Hey, hey Grace, you ok.", he soothes while i try to hold back the sobs.
"Let me be. G-get help. Eric, Max anyone, quick.", i choke out and he storms out of the apartment.
I manage to get to my feet again and pull out the knife out of the little girls head, making her fall to the ground with a thump.
I sink back to my knees beside her and brush through her blonde hair, while tears stream down my face.

"Im so sorry.", i whisper.
I didnt even know her, yet it was my fault she got killed.

"Grace!... Holy shi-", i hear Eric growl before he gets down next to me pulling me into his arms. I was shaking uncontrollably now while he rocked me back and forth.

"Who is doing this?", i whimper and hug him tighter, ignoring the soreness on my wrist.
"I dont know, i dont know, but im gonna find out i promise.", he says and then quieter,"I love you."

"I love you too, im so sorry.", i choke out before drifting off into a nightmare strained sleep.

Thoughts?