The lake

Eric's POV:

"Watch it, initiate!", i growl and the guy scurries away probably pissing his pants.
I stomp into the messing hall, arms crossed behind my back and the usual cold stare on my face. The entire hall goes silent. I was having a shitty day so far.
I had to deal with a bunch of impotent transfers and also with the constant questions of Four about Graces condition.
Max forced me to go to the Amity compound to speak with the so to call 'leader' about some important matters. God damn they are getting more high every day. I almost punched two Amity just because they were insisting for me to eat their peace serum infested bread!
I stomp towards the leaders table and sit across from Max.
"If you ever send me to Amity again, im gonna break your fucking legs!", i hiss and earn laughter from him and Lauren.
I roll my eyes and start eating my burger.
I was planning to visit Grace right after dinner.
Someone tapped me on my shoulder and i turn around to see Tris behind me. She became a leader after the attack, and i had to say she wasnt as bad as i had pressumed.
"You're going to Grace?", she asks, looking nervous.
I frown and nod, chewing on my burger.
"Why?"
"She's been a little off lately, i just wanted to warn you to keep an eye on her, call it womans intuition.", she says and gives Max and Lauren a firm nod before leaving.
I sigh.
I noticed too, but she was refusing to tell me anything.

"I'll be off for the rest of the night.", i say and leave the messing hall.
I march towards the exit when i hear footsteps behind me.
"Eric! Wait up!", Four shouts.
I groan and slow my pace enough for him to catch up.
"What?", i ask, annoyance in my tone.
"The hospital just called through, they said that Grace vanished.", he pants and i look at him.
"Are you fucking serious?!", i hiss, and we start running towards the traintracks.
Grace was still severely injured she couldnt just leave her bed. Someone must have kidnapped her.
If something happens to her i swear i would never forgive myself!
We jump into a traincart and i start pacing around.
"When did they call?", i ask.
"About 5 minutes ago. They said she was still there, knocked out from painkillers about half an hour ago and then when a nurse came to change her bandages she found the bed empty.", Four explains, looking out of the traincart nervously.
"Fuck!", i shout and slam my hand into the metalwall.
Where could she possibly be?
More importantly, who could have possibly want to hurt her?
In the condition she was in, she wouldnt stand a chance against anyone.

After 15 minutes we arrived at the Erudite compound which we crossed quickly heading to the hospital.
I scanned through the crowd of blue, white and grey dressed people, looking for potential kidnappers.
When we entered the hospital we sprinted straight to Grace's room and are met by an empty bed and a troubled looking Stan.

"Stan, did you see anybody suspicious leave the hospital a couple of minutes ago?", Four asks while i inspect the room more closely. "No, i didnt see anyone.", he answers. Four sighs.
Nothing looked out of place, even the mug, i used was standing at the same place i had put it on the night before.
There was a little blood on the tubes which were stuck in her arm before, the bed was a mess.
"Signs of struggle.", i state, trying to keep the worry out of my voice.
Four just nods and bends down to look under the bed for any hints.
I take my gun out of the holster and unlock its safety.
"Doc, you need to prepare for when we find her. Four you head towards Amity and look in every corner of this city. Im going in the opposite direction. Update every 20 minutes.", i instruct and i head towards Candor headquarters, looking into every dark alley and every house on my way.
I take out my walkie talkie after 20 minutes of not finding her and report to Four. He hasnt found her either.
My heart was going rapidly and fear was pumping in my veins like acid. Where was she? If she was hurt i would make anyone who did anything to her suffer and wish they were dead.
I pass the Candor compound and look there but after an hour of not finding her i was standing at the border of Abnegation,waiting for Four to turn up. He hadnt found her either. Not in Abnegation and not even in Amity.
I look around hurriedly, i was now officially scared.
I take out my walkie talkie again and radio Max.
"I'll send out a team, keep looking.", was all Max said after i told him.
Four arrives a few minutes after and we seperate again going into opposite directions.
Hopefully i would be successful in Amity.
It was getting darker and that means it was also getting harder to see which minimates the chance of finding Grace.
I grip my gun tighter.
I just hope she's safe.