13

Spencer

Consent.

It was something I didn't think I would appreciate as much as I do. It's the simplest question anyone can ask, but it meant so much. Especially from someone that you care so much about. That's Harry for me. Him asking the bare minimum didn't surprise me as much as it may have someone else. He seemed like the type of person that was always polite and wanted to make sure everyone was comfortable. He really was the best person I've ever met.

I think consent is something I didn't know I would need so desperately in my life.

In my last relationship or whatever you could call an encounter as I had, I had never been asked if I wanted to do something, other than a fun activity or something of that sort. I had never been asked if someone could kiss me. They just went ahead and did it. The same with when I had sex. That other person just assumed that I wanted to whether or not I agreed to it verbally.

Now I know that someone not asking for consent for those types of things wasn't normal. I know that someone should make sure you're comfortable doing something that they wanted to do with you. I know that verbal consent is something that is needed before doing a very intimate activity. I knew that because of Harry.

It's because of him that I have learned so much about myself and life itself. I really had to thank him for it.

But I couldn't do that at the present moment because he was still fast asleep next to me.

We ended up keeping our word and sleeping on the mountain. After Harry had kissed me, we talked for a few hours before we decided we should go to sleep. So, at almost 2 in the morning, we cuddled up in the back of my jeep and fell asleep. It was one of the most comforting things to be in Harry's grasp while I fell asleep.

Waking up still somewhat in his grasp put an instant smile on my face. I was sleeping on my side with my back against his chest and his arm slightly on my waist. I moved slowly out of his arm and sat up, leaning against the window. I looked down to watch Harry take slow breaths as he continued to sleep peacefully.

It was quite bright outside so I picked up my phone and checked the time. It was already almost 11 a.m. I don't know how I ended up sleeping this late, but I wasn't mad about getting extra sleep. I realized that my hair seemed to be all over the place so I took the hair tie off of my wrist and put my hair up in a messy bun. It was better than leaving it down looking like it did.

As I got distracted with my thoughts once again, Harry's phone began going off like crazy. I kept seeing his mom trying to call him, but he wasn't answering. I wanted to wake him up, but he looked very cute in his sleeping state.

He had the blanket up to his chin as he was basically sleeping on his stomach. Since I've gotten out from under the blanket, he has taken all of it and held it tightly in his grasp. The two times that we have slept next to each other he has done just that. He will take the blanket the second he knows you don't have them over your body. It was very funny at the moment, but not when you realize it was quite cold.

"Harry," I mumbled.

All he did was face the other way in order to try and block out my voice.

"Harry," I said louder.

"No," he groaned out.

"Your phone keeps going off," I said. "Your mom keeps calling you,"

He leaned over to grab his phone and shut it off. He threw it back beside him and laid right back down where he was before. He pulled the blanket to cover his entire body and tried to fall back asleep.