27

Harry

I've never been happier to see Spencer.

This past week has been very different. Much different from the previous weeks I have had. I haven't seen her, let alone really talk to her at all, which is something that rarely happens. At least rarely for us.

I know that she had some of her own things going on inside her head that she needed to work out, so I knew that she needed to be alone. Whether that be for a long period of time or not much time at all. I was perfectly fine with leaving her alone for the week because I knew that it was something she needed.

I didn't want to overwhelm her by being in her personal space when she needed to be alone. I had to respect her space. I had to respect the boundaries she had set in place. It's what she needed.

To see her after days of basically no contact what so ever, it felt surreal. It felt like I shouldn't be seeing her after such a long time. But I feel lucky that I get to see her. Lucky that I get to be in her life at all.

I looked down at her sleeping figure and instantly smiled. This has always been one of my favorite things that we do together. I love how we'll talk for hours on end about nonsense and she'll fall asleep in the middle of a conversation.

I'll only find out that she's fallen asleep on me when she doesn't respond for a few minutes. That's how I know that I bored her enough to where she falls asleep. I love knowing that she will try her best to keep her eyes open even in the moments where I'm talking about something that doesn't interest her.

This is how today has been.

We were talking about how her week had been in very little detail and then she asked about my week. As I was telling her about what I had done with my parents all week, I realized she wasn't chiming in like she usually does. I looked down to see her sleeping and no longer playing with the rings on my left hand.

Even though she does this quite often, I still get surprised. It's like I expect her to be used to me rambling about whatever it is and not fall asleep. But she falls asleep anyway. It's something that I truly adore about her.

I laugh to myself about her current position. She's underneath the blankets with her right arm wrapped around my waist. She has her head laying on my chest and her hand is lightly holding onto my left hand. By the way that's she's sleeping, you could tell that she was playing with my rings before she fell asleep.

I heard a light knock on her bedroom door before it opened up quietly. I turned my head to the left to see Spencer's dad coming into the room. He saw Spencer and me in her bed and smiled.

"I'm glad to see that she's back to her normal self," he said quietly.

"I am too," I smiled, looking down at Spencer.

"Because she's a heavy sleeper, I wanted to say some things to you," he said crossing his arms.

"Is it anything bad?" I asked.

"I don't think I could ever say anything bad about you, you're a great person to my daughter and just in general,"

"I appreciate you saying that, thank you," I nodded.

"Of course," he smiled. "Anyway, what I wanted to say to you is basically just a thank you. You've been there for my daughter in ways that I couldn't. Like this past week. I know that you two didn't talk all that much, but you stayed around. You didn't try and bother her when she wanted her personal space. You really are a great person for her. She really needs you even if she doesn't say it to you. So I just wanted to say thank you,"

"I would never want to pry to get any information or anything out of her. She deserves her own space anytime she needs it. I'll give it to her because I know she would do the same for me. She deserves someone to understand her needs. There may be times when she wants me around for things that happened this past week and there may be times when she doesn't. Either way, I'm going to be there any time she needs me in any kind of way,"

"Thank you, Harry," he nodded. "If she asks, I wasn't here," he pointed before turning away to leave Spencer's bedroom.

"If she wakes up soon, then I'll come to join you upstairs, but if not then I'm afraid I'm stuck down here," I joked.

"She likes her sleep so I'm guessing it will be a while before we talk again," he laughed before opening the door. "I'll talk to you later, Harry," he said leaving Spencer's room, shutting the door behind him.

I smile to myself about how my life has turned out.

I have a really great girlfriend, whose family actually likes me. My family is pretty great. The friends that I have are great as well. I don't think I could ever ask for anything else in my life at the current moment. Not that I could need anything else. I think I have everything I could actually want.

I don't know how I got so lucky with Spencer. I didn't think I would ever get a girlfriend as great as her. But I did. And I'm really grateful for her. I really love her.

I love her.

I can actually admit that now.

At least to myself. I don't know when I'm going to have the guts to say it to her face. Hopefully soon though. I want her to know how I feel.

"I love you," I whisper out.

***