38

Spencer

"I would love for you to come inside so we can keep hanging out, but I have a lot to do," I said to Aspyn as I got out of her car.

Aspyn and I have been hanging out a lot more lately. Because football season is starting up again, I don't see Harry as often as I'd like to anymore. So, I can either be alone or hang out with Aspyn. Both she and I have chosen to hang out rather than be alone.

"Please, please, please," she begged. "I don't want to be by myself for the rest of the night. I have nothing to do at home,"

"Can't you go hang out with Chase?" I asked her.

"He's the same place Harry is at," she answered. "I can't hang out with him,"

"I'm sorry Aspyn, but I have a lot to do. I would love to hang out, but I just can't," I said, gathering up all of my stuff from the floor of the passenger side.

"What do you have to do that I can't be there with you?"

"I have laundry to do, clean my room, and probably be with Peyton the rest of the night," I told her. "I don't think you'd want to be with me while I just do things that I've been putting off doing,"

"Ok, fine," she sighed. "I'll let you do all of that, but next time I may not let you,"

"Thank you for letting me do what I have been needing to do for a few days," I smiled. "I promise I'll see you soon. I love you," I blew her a kiss as I shut the passenger door.

I love having Aspyn as a best friend, she's amazing. She is. I love that she wants to spend every waking day together, at least for the time being, but we can't. And it sucks. I wish I could spend all of this time with her, but I have so much to do.

I've let everything I need to do pile up, that I need a full day to do it all. I always hate that I do this and promise myself that I won't be doing the same thing again, but guess what I do. I let it pile up again and again. I've never learned from it and I keep doing it. I guess I'm just a good procrastinator. Sometimes I like leaving a lot of stuff for me to do. I can take a full day to do it all and then relax afterward.

I sighed as I got my keys out of my small bag. I took the key that was for the side door of my house and put it in the keyhole. I turned it left and then back straight. I took my keys out, put them back into my bag, and opened the door. I walked inside the house, shutting the door behind me.

I walked farther into the kitchen and saw a little piece of paper sitting on top of the island. I got closer and saw that it was a note from my mother.

'I'll be home around 5 or 6. Peyton should be getting dropped off around 4 by Molly's mom. Wait for her upstairs. -Mom'

I rolled my eyes before taking the note and throwing it in the trash. I hated that she wrote me notes like this. I liked that my dad would write me notes whenever he would leave the house for whatever amount of time. The notes that he would write always made me smile. But not when they're from my mom. I would've much rather she would text me.

I looked over at the time on the microwave and saw that it was almost 3:45 p.m. I had about 15 minutes before Peyton should be getting home. I had just enough time to get all of my stuff into the room and at least start my laundry.

I opened the basement door and began walking down the stairs. As I got to the bottom, I turned left and walked down the hallway and into my bedroom. I turned my light on and put all of my things on the floor.

Maybe this is why my room gets messy. Anytime I get home and have things with me, I'll bring my stuff down to my room and put everything in different piles until I can barely see my bedroom floor. It's a good thing that I plan on cleaning it today.