44

Before you read, I want you to answer a quick question for me.

What would you like to see happen in this book?

Any little moments, big moments, random scenes you want to happen, let me know.

Spencer

"Babe, come here. I don't think you have this one," Harry said, waving me over to where he was at.

After we had eaten our breakfast at Dolly's Diner, we walked around the downtown area and found an old-looking shop. We were both curious about what it was and as soon as we stepped inside we were both amazed. It was a shop that had records, some CDs, and antiques. It was charming.

I looked down at what he was trying to show me and was instantly surprised. It was something I definitely didn't have. It's something I've always wanted, but could never find. But somehow he found it. An old Fleetwood Mac record.

"This is something that I am getting today, not even a second thought," I said, grabbing it from his hand. "How did you find this?" I asked, looking at the front and back over and over to make sure it was actually real.

"I'm not sure," he shrugged. "I was just flipping through and I found it,"

"I'm really surprised that we've never been in this store before, I already love it here," I smiled as I continued looking around the shop again.

"I guess that means we need to explore downtown a bit more rather than just going to the diner," Harry chuckled as he continued to look around. "You think we can do that?" he asked.

"I'm sure we can," I nodded. "Let's see what else we can find while we're here," I said, leading him to another part of the store.

*

Harry and I spent half an hour in that little shop. For how small it is, there was certainly a lot to look at. I definitely spent too much while I was there because I found way too many things I had been wanting. It didn't help at all when Harry kept finding stuff and showing me them. That's how I spent almost $300 in just one shop. But I don't regret it at all. I've wanted this stuff for a while and now I have it.

Right now, we were driving back to my house to watch movies as we had talked about doing while we had breakfast. We've been sitting in comfortable silence for the past five minutes. I've been talking to myself in my head about how to bring up a topic I've been wanting to for a week or so.

"I have a question for you," I said breaking the silence.

"What is it?"

"You know about the beginning of the year party for seniors?" I started. He instantly nodded and urged me to continue. "Would you want to go?"

"I'm open to it," he shrugged. "If you want to go then, yeah, we can go,"

"I don't want it to just be me that wants to go, I want you to want to go as well," I explain. "I would feel guilty if I dragged you with me if you didn't actually want to go with me," I further explained as he parked right outside of my house.

"I do want to go," he said, turning his truck off. "This is the only time we would get to go to a beginning-of-the-year party as seniors, so let's go. It will be fun," he smiled.

"So we're going next Friday night?" I asked, just to make sure I understood what he was saying.

"Yes," he nodded. "The only issue is asking my parents and your dad if they will even let us go," he said as he began getting out of the truck.

"I'm sure my dad won't mind that I go, at least I think," I said as I grabbed my stuff from the back seat. "And as for your parents, your mom and I talked a few weeks ago about the senior party and she said she didn't care that we go as long as we don't get extremely drunk or do anything bad," I shrugged as we began walking up my driveway.