15

Spencer

Even though I did hate school, Biology was only one class that I did enjoy. Well, maybe enjoy isn't the right word to describe it. It was tolerable. The most tolerable out of all my classes. Both Aspyn and Brynley were in this class along with Harry.

"This class sucks, can we leave?" Harry whispered from beside me.

Harry and I just so happened to be biology partners. Every new semester for this class, we either get assigned new partners or we get to choose our own to change it up. Aspyn chose Brynley to be her partner because she knew that Harry and I would want to be partners. I didn't even mention that to her, but I guess she assumed that when she saw Harry was in this class with us.

"Shut up, we have to work on this," I whispered back as I looked back down the assignment in front of me.

"We can go to my house, nobody is home,"

"As much as I would love to do that, I need to actually try hard in this class before my grade suffers,"

"You're no fun," he pouted.

"Styles! Lamay! I hope you two are actually doing work rather than just talking," our teacher warned us.

"Yeah, sorry," Harry nodded before turning back to me. "Last chance, do you want to leave?"

"Nice try, Harry. Maybe we can go to your house after school," I shrugged before writing down yet another answer.

Harry and I have agreed that we were going to be keeping our relationship private from everyone for the time being. He wanted me to be 100% ready before anyone knows about us being together. My mindset needed to be a bit ready before I was actually willing to have other people know about us being in a relationship.

It was Thursday today, so it's been a couple of days since I had a small meltdown about seeing Harry with someone else. Since then, it has been really good between us. Much better than I initially thought it could be.

My phone buzzing in my back pocket is what made me stop doing my work. I lifted up a bit to grab it out to check what was going on. I saw that I had a few texts from my mom. I rolled my eyes at her even reaching out to me, but decided to see what she had to say anyway.

Mom: I need you to be home tonight

Mom: There are important people that are going to be here

Mom: Cancel any plans you have made

Me: K

"I can't come over after school anymore," I mumbled to Harry.

"Why not?" he looked over at me.

"My mom needs me home," I answered. "I need to be there for whatever business deal she has to do,"

"Then why does she need you there? Wouldn't she want nobody to be home to make sure she gets the deal?" he questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"She uses me to make it seem like she's a good person. She brags on and on that she's a wonderful mother who has raised a good child. She lies to whatever people she has over all of the time," I explain.

"Don't show up," he shrugged. "Surely she'll realize what she has been doing and try to get business deals by herself,"

"If I don't do it then she'll use Peyton," I responded. "I don't want her to use her when she's only 7 years old. It's not fair to her,"

"It isn't fair to you either, Spence," he sighed. "She shouldn't be using you for her own benefit. If you wanted to help out then that's a different situation, but you clearly don't want to. I can see it on your face. You're annoyed by her actions of always using you for her own business,"