32

Harry

This was not what I was expecting when I woke up from my nap today. I didn't think my day could go from driving a few hours back home, taking an impromptu nap, and then seeing my sister and baby nephew.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked as I pulled away from the hug.

"Surprise!" she smiled. "I wanted to see everybody, and I knew you would start getting busy soon, so I thought now was a good time to come,"

"I wish I would've known about you coming," I said, hugging her again.

"Are you going to introduce me to anyone?" she asked as she looked behind me at Spencer.

I had forgotten that Spencer was here for a split second. That sounds bad to say. I turned around to see her staring at my encounter with my sister. She had a slight smile on her face, seeing just how happy I was. I walked over to where Spencer and the rest of my family were standing.

"Spencer, this is my ex-girlfriend Gemma and my child that I never told you about," I introduced them.

"Don't ever say I'm your ex-girlfriend ever again, Harry, that's disgusting," Gemma said in disgust.

All I could do was laugh at her reaction. Gemma walked up to Spencer on her own and introduced herself instead of me introducing them.

"Don't listen to Harry," she laughed. "I'm Gemma, his sister, and this is Finnan, my son,"

"I figured you two were related with how many pictures there are all around the house," Spencer laughed lightly as she hugged my sister. "It's nice to finally meet you," 

"It's great to meet you too. I've heard a lot about you, so it's nice to match a face to what I've been told," Gemma said to Spencer.

"I hope whatever has been said has been good,"

"Of course, of course," Gemma nodded. "Now, I know everyone here except for these two," she said, pointing to Spencer's dad and her sister.

"Oh, right," Spencer nodded. "This is my dad and my little sister, Peyton,"

"What about your mom?" Gemma asked.

"That's a tough subject."

"Oh, I'm sorry about asking," she quickly apologized.

"Don't be sorry, you didn't know,"

"That's a baby," we heard Peyton say out of nowhere.

"It is a baby," Gemma said, crouching down to her level. "Come here, I'll let you hold him," she said, leading her over to the living room.

"I guess we'll know where Peyton will be for the rest of the day," Spencer's dad said, making us all laugh a bit.

"She likes babies?" My mom asked.

"She adores them," Spencer chimed in as she came over to hug my torso. "I wouldn't be surprised if she stuck by his side all day long," she continued.

"Or even want a baby of her own," her dad added.

"She is very sweet," my mom said as she looked over at Peyton with Gemma and Finnan.

"I want her to stay like that forever, but her teen years are coming faster than I would like," he sighed. "I can already see a Spencer 2.0," he teased Spencer.

I laughed at what he had said, making Spencer look up and playfully glare at me. She instantly pulled away from my body and turned to glare at her father.

"If you think she will be me, then you should count yourself blessed," she said to him. "I don't know how you think I'm a bad teenager," she shrugged.

"I know, I know," her dad smiled. "I'm only joking. You're a great daughter,"

"At least she isn't anything like Harry here," my mom joined in on the playfully teasing of the two of us,"

"Why is this backfiring on me?" I asked as I looked between my parents and Spencers' dad. "And how could I be a bad teenager?"

"Look at all of the tattoos that are scattered across your body," my step-dad Robin said.

"At least I'm not going off and getting them without the both of you knowing. I'm telling you what I'm getting and where it may go, and we talk about it. I know if you didn't like it or approve, then I wouldn't get it," I explained.

"Harry, we're only joking," my mom said to stop me from getting angry. "Although we don't necessarily love that you get tattoos, we love all of the meaning behind them all. You're such a caring person. There is no way that you are a bad teenager or any stereotypical thing like that. You're wonderful,"

"Is now a good time to tell you that I'm planning on getting another one?" I hesitantly laugh.

"Oh god," she sighed, throwing her head back. "What else could you possibly get?"

"That will be a surprise," I smirked.

"We've been waiting hours for Gemma to get here, so can we know what you two did on your little getaway?" Robin asked Spencer and me.

"Yes," Spencer nodded as we all walked into the kitchen.

I sat down at the kitchen island with Spencer sitting next to me. Both of my parents and Spencer's dad stood across from us, waiting for one of us to begin talking.

"How much would you like to know?" Spencer questioned.

"Whatever you want to tell us," her dad said. "Did I hear that you two went cliff jumping?"

"We did," I nodded, smiling at the memory from a few days ago.

"I couldn't see you doing that," he said, looking at Spencer.

"It was Harry's idea," she quickly said. "He had to convince me quite a bit before I began to consider it,"

"So, knowing you, you only jumped once and then left afterward?" her dad asked.

"Yes," I said as we both nodded our heads.

"Anne, I have a question for you," Spencer said, looking over at my mom.

"Uh, oh," she replied with a slight grin on her face. "Does it have something to do with him?" she continued as she nodded her head towards me.

"It does actually," she smiled.

"What is it, honey?"

"Has Harry ever cheated at Scrabble?"

I began laughing at her question. I didn't think she would ask my mom about this, but I was wrong about that. I thought we would keep playing the game over and over until she eventually won against me. That would only make her angrier the more we would play because I'm very good at that game.

"I have played that game with him many times over the years, but I don't think he has cheated. He's just very good at the game. Did you two play that game while you were gone?"

"We did," she nodded. "I'm pretty sure he cheated,"

"I told you I didn't cheat," I turned to her.

"I still don't believe you," she answered quickly.

"I'll let you win next time then," I offered.

"I don't want your pity when it comes to playing games. I want to win fair and square. Unlike you, I don't cheat when playing games," she teased as she smiled at me.

"You may want to practice if you ever plan on winning," I teased back.

"I see how it is," she said before going completely quiet.

The rest of the night went smoothly. Gemma joined us after she put Finnan down for a nap. I spoke more about our trip with few responses from Spencer. My parents ordered takeout for all of us as well. We ate and talked about what our plans were for the remainder of the summer. I couldn't wait to see where this next week will bring us with Gemma and Finnan being here. The rest of summer break should be pretty amazing.

***