𝟎𝟒

- Snakes In The Garden

The next morning, Hope and Francis were standing next to Sebastian in the throne room listening to Cathrine and Henry arrange an marriage alliance for their son Charles

The next morning, Hope and Francis were standing next to Sebastian in the throne room listening to Cathrine and Henry arrange an marriage alliance for their son Charles. Mary was standing on the other side of the room with her ladies in waiting behind her, eyeing the auburn haired girl from the corner of her eye.

"let's agree it's a brilliant match. Madeleine's French, so there's no question of her families loyalty. She's very wealthy" Cathrine informed her husband with a small smile on her face as King Henry shook his head in disagreement and pointed out, " But not royal, so they're hungry for power"

Francis turned his attention to Hope causing her to beam brightly at him as she entwined their fingers together unaware of the glare she was receiving from Mary. "They'll pay for it" Cathrine sighed with a look of irritation on her face as Henry shrugged his shoulders casually as he had a thoughtful expression on his face before nodding his head in agreement, " it's only right to accept the support of one's loyal subjects"

Cathrine hummed in agreement as she gasped playfully in excitement as she turned her attention to her son and informed, " and she has a giraffe. Well, Madeleine's widely traveled. She's come from far away, by ship" Charles smiled at his mother not really interested in the girl he's suppose to be marrying as he curiously asked, "do I get a giraffe, too?"

Hope smiled in amusement trying to stifle her chuckled at the young boy's questioned smiling at Francis and Sebastian who shook their head at the auburn haired girl. " the moment she's your bride" Cathrine insisted with a beaming smile on her face as she tried to ease her son's nerves while Henry looked over at Francis and called out, " Francis, to show our respect, I want you to accompany your little brother to the landing"

Francis nodded his head in agreement when Charles turned on his heel to face his brothers and his father and curiously asked, " Can Bash come as well?" Henry opened his mouth ready to say something but was cut off by Cathrine who scolded her son, " Charlie, you know that Bash isn't really your brother he's just your father's son. His presence is disrespectful"

Sebastian raised his eyebrows in amusement turning to face Francis and Hope causing the auburn haired girl to snort causing Francis to squeeze her hand tightly in her own as he turned to look at Hope and whispered for her to hush causing her to clear her throat to try and hide her giggles leaning her head on Francis shoulder who pressed a kiss on her forehead to hide his amused smile.

"The girl's parents were enjoying Morocco, so they sent her on alone" Henry informed rolling his eyes diverted the attention away from Bash, Francis and Hope as Cathrine wrapped her arms around Charles shoulder chuckling lightly and commented, " Barely, she was more afraid of meeting her future husband than of pirates. Well, that's to be expected at age seven. She'll get in like, we all do"