𝟐𝟎

- The Consummation

Sebastian was waiting outside the church for Mary pacing back and forth nervously as the two of them planned to get married as soon as possible knowing they Marie de Guise and Cathrine de Medici would do anything to stop the two from getting marri...

Sebastian was waiting outside the church for Mary pacing back and forth nervously as the two of them planned to get married as soon as possible knowing they Marie de Guise and Cathrine de Medici would do anything to stop the two from getting married but there's also the fact that he was afraid now Jace was back at court with Hope and his brother that they would somehow stop Mary from going through with the marriage.

"Sebastian" Jace greeted climbing off his horse helping his sister down as the two of them began making their way over towards him with as he held an confused look on his face as he muttered, " Jonathan, Hope" the auburn haired girl sighed wrapping her cloak tightly around herself and called out, " we're going to tell you something and it will hurt. We know you're here to elope with Mary but you don't need to. All that nonsense about the prophecy, it's gone now. Cathrine had let it go for reasons she can explain. Nostradamus informed us himself"

"I'm going to tell Mary. She'll talk to Cathrine, to Nostradamus, to Marie de Guise. She'll be convinced" jace informed narrowing his eyes at Sebastian causing him to scoff in disbelief with a shake of his head and disagreed, " she won't trust Cathrine. I don't trust Cathrine." Hope shook her head as she stared at Sebastian knowing he was in love with the Queen of Scots and didn't want to loose her but it was clear that her heart already belonged to Jace who narrowed his eyes at him and hissed, " you don't want things to change, to revert. You're going to play on Mary's fear"

Sebastian scoffed rolling his eyes in annoyance at his friend accusation sending a harsh glare towards Jace as he clenched his jaw tightly and remarked," she came with me willingly and she will stay with me" Hope raised her brows as she gazed between her brother and Sebastian with a frustrated expression, " Sebastian, she turned to you because she felt like she didn't have any other way to try and prevent the predicament. It was only a marriage of convenience, you know about her feelings for my brother" Hope spoke trying to get through the De Poitiers man to see sense as she didn't want to see him get hurt if Mary chooses to marry Francis just so she can be with Jace.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at the auburn haired girl and sarcastically questioned," and what was yours?" Hope rolled her eyes as she furrowed her brows at the man she thought of as another brother and informed, " You know that my relationship with your brother is more than that. Sometimes relationships can be complicated but we love each other through the bad and the good times, great love, epic love if that even exists"

"and now you know ours did too" Sebastian replied with a taunting smirk on his face causing Jace to take a step forward threateningly and harshly hissed, " You're lying!" Sebastian clenched his jaw together narrowing his eyes at Jace with a furious look and yelled, " you entitled son of a bitch!"

"You are nothing!" Jace muttered shoving Sebastian back onto for him to throw a punch at Jace causing Hope to gasp in shock placing her hand against her mouth as she took a step back when Jace suddenly lunged himself at Sebastian tackling him to the ground that was covered in snow. The two men started to throw punches at one another when Sebastian grabbed jace throat strangling him only for jace to knee him in the stomach pushing him off him, " stop it! The both of you!" Hope yelled frantically when Mary and Francis both arrived at the same time only for their eyes to widened at the two men fighting on the ground.