𝟎𝟕

- Snakes In The Garden

A short while later, Hope was walking through the castle hallways as she had been looking for Mary for a while now and couldn't find her anywhere near the picnic so the auburn haired girl decided to check the Queen of Scots chambers

A short while later, Hope was walking through the castle hallways as she had been looking for Mary for a while now and couldn't find her anywhere near the picnic so the auburn haired girl decided to check the Queen of Scots chambers. Hope frowned as she came to a halt at the sight of Mary's chambers doors slightly ajar causing her to knock slightly as she called out, " Mary"

Hope pushed open the door as her frowned deepened at the sight of a blonde women wearing one of Mary's dresses, " I'm.. I'm sorry. I don't know you. Is that one of Mary's dresses? What are you doing here?" Hope inquired causing the blonde women to look up staring at the auburn haired girl in surprise as she quietly muttered, " My Lady, forgive me. It's so beautiful. The tailor gave it to me to return, and I thought... I should never... my skin is on fire. My skin is on fire!"

Hope gasped in shock as she took a step forward as she looked at the unknown women in concern who suddenly hutched over groaning loudly in pain, scratching her arms as she fell to the ground, " is something wrong?" The women held her hand out stopping Hope from coming closer as she frantically warned the girl, "No, stay back! It's poisoned! my skin is burning. It's burning!"

The auburn haired girl eyes widened in shock as she turned on her heel rushing out of Mary's chambers hearing the women screams of agony as she began running down the corridor screaming for help, " guards! Someone, help me! Somebody help me, please! Guards!" Hope continued running down the hall when a couple of guards and Francis appeared in front of her, " Hope, what's the wrong? What's happened?" Francis curiously questioned as he grabbed ahold of her arms with a worried look on his face.

"There was this girl in Mary's chambers. She was wearing one of her dresses and it was poisoned. Please, we have to help her" Hope exclaimed with a pleading look on her face as she grabbed his hand and began leading Francis and a couple of guards towards Mary's chambers.

Hope squeezed Francis hand tightly in her own as she followed the guards into the room only for a confused frown to appear on her face as the chambers were empty and there was no dying women on the ground, " I don't understand. She was right there on the floor. She was dying, where... where could she have gone?"

" They took the evidence. Whoever did this failed in their attempt on Mary" Francis commented as he glanced around the room watching the Guards search every inch of Mary's chambers turning his gaze to the guard standing in front of him and ordered, " Go! Now! An assassin with a dying girl could not have gone far. Go! Go!"

" she was right there. How could anyone have escaped with her?" Hope question shaking her head with an confused expression on her face before her eyes lit up in recognition turning her attention to Francis as she began leading him towards the hidden door, " the passageway. I have one in my room, surely, so does Mary. I don't know how far it goes... or where, but could they have gone through here?"