𝟐𝟏

- Dirty Laundry

Hope was sat at the dining room table having breakfast with her father, the auburn haired girl stared down at her food that she had still had not touched as with everything going on lately she had a lot on her mind and didn't have the appetite to ...

Hope was sat at the dining room table having breakfast with her father, the auburn haired girl stared down at her food that she had still had not touched as with everything going on lately she had a lot on her mind and didn't have the appetite to eat anything. Sighing heavily, Hope pushed the plate away from her leaning back in her seat with her arms folded across her chest.

Suddenly Jace stormed into the room with a furious expression on his face as he began to pace back and forth. Hope turned to face her brother watching him in confusion but before she could ask him what was wrong, Jace, stopped turning to face his father with a scowl on his face, " Tell me it isn't true" Charles frowned anxiously as he looked between his two children wondering that Jace would be referring to, " I'm not a mind reader, Jace, you need to be more specific"

"Have you arranged a match between Hope and Lord Jackson?" Jace demanded causing the auburn haired girl eyes to widened at her brothers words, a look of deep shock illuminating on her features as she stared at her father. After taking a moment to digest the information she received she narrowed her eyes at Charles standing up from her seat, " What? Have you completed lost your God damn mind!"

Letting out a loud sigh, Charles stood up walking over towards Hope and Jace, " Yeah, it's a good match. Look, Your relationship with Francis has to end for good this time for your reputation. He is married now to Queen Mary and you will be known as another Diane De Poitiers, The King Mistress. You deserve more than being frowned upon or being known as his mistress Hope"

"That is not your decision to make. This is my life and my choice so whatever arrangement you made with Lord Jackson call it off" Hope demanded glaring at her father who sighed in frustration shaking his head in disbelief at his daughters actions, " this is going to be the biggest mistake you've ever made. This is going to break your heart shaking the man your in love with - with another women" he warned her before sending her one last look before leaving the room.

Hope sighed, sitting back down at the dining table as Jace watched his sister with a frown on his face noticing that she hasn't touched her food, " Not hungry?" He curiously questioned, pointing at her uneaten food. "No" she mumbled softly fighting the urge not to vomit at the smell, " I haven't been feeling well lately. Food... hasn't been agreeing with me but father is making me visit Nostradamus some time today"

" what did he think that's wrong with you?" Jace inquired in concern as he took a seat beside her only for Hope to shrug her shoulders tangling her fingers through her necklace and informed him, " Father thinks that it would be a stomach virus or perhaps maybe it's just stress. I won't know exactly what is wrong until I go see Nostradamus but fruit has been helping ease the nausea"

Jace grabbed his sisters hand squeezing it in assurance with a small smile on his face, " Have you spoken to Francis about this?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow only for Hope to shake her head in response folding her arms across her chest, " No, He's been in Paris with Mary away on their honeymoon and I didn't wanna bother him. It's probably nothing to worry about anyway and I'll rather know all the answers before telling him"