𝟐𝟐

- Dirty Laundry

"You asked to see me?" Hope called out letting out a heavy sigh as she walked into the Queen of France chambers with an confused expression on her face at the sight of Catherine who was standing by a table going through multiple of creams and scrubs

"You asked to see me?" Hope called out letting out a heavy sigh as she walked into the Queen of France chambers with an confused expression on her face at the sight of Catherine who was standing by a table going through multiple of creams and scrubs. " Ah, Hope. My dear, now that Francis is back. I'd like to help you with something importance. Babies" Catherine commented causing Hope to roll her eyes in annoyance folding her arms across her chest.

The auburn haired girl raised her brows as she stared at Catherine as she would have assumed that Francis have already told her about her being pregnant but apparently he hasn't since the Queen of France wanted to talk about babies, " excuse me?" Hope questioned narrowing her eyes at Cathrine who shook her head and replied, " Your duty, in case you are unaware, is for a women to produce an heir for their lover or husband. I know that things have changed when my son married Mary for our nations but he loves you, Hope more than anything in the world"

" I know" Hope muttered under her breathe as she knows how much Francis loved her and doesn't need other people telling her but she also knows that while Mary does love her brother there is also apart of her that has fallen for Francis since they have been away on their honeymoon, " and I am well aware of that. Thank you. That we women have to suffer the discomfort all to produce an heir for our other half's. The childbed is our battlefield and we must have the strength to face it"

"And yet you stand before me looking svelte" Cathrine spoke up as she began to walk around Hope who shifted uncomfortable where she was standing, " you aren't pregnant, are you?" Hope scoffed in disbelief as she turned around to face Catherine in surprise as she narrowed her eyes as her, " Francis had only just got back to court..." Catherine interrupted the auburn haired girl as she held out an orange bottle towards Hope, "rub this on your chest ten minutes before lovemaking. It may burn. Ignore it"

Cathrine then held out a red bottle, " and this on his..." she trailed off causing Hope to raise her eyebrows with a pink blush coating her cheeks as this is not something she wanted to talk about with Francis mother of all people, " Well, you know. When you detect interest. After, lie absolutely still for an hour and then take two of these" Hope sighed as she shook her head handing the bottles back to Catherine as he let out a heavy sigh before she informed, " there's no need to use any of these. Um... Francis and I are expecting"

"Expecting...?" Catherine trailed off with an confused frown on her face as she stared at Hope who nodded her head in confirmation and replied, " a couple of weeks ago Francis and I arranged to meet up and one thing led to another. I'm already pregnant Catherine I found out this morning I assumed that Francis already told you but to avoid talking about all of this with you because it's just weird I thought that you should know"

Catherine stood frozen for a couple of moments taking in what Hope was telling her before she took a step forward cupping her right check with her left hand and gently tugged her face towards her pressing a kiss to her cheek as she smiled happily, " Oh, this is wonderful news. Francis must be so happy that he is going to be a father. I was expecting to see some kind of baby bump, guess your not showing yet"