𝟏𝟎

- A Chill In The Air

"it's a talent really

"it's a talent really. No matter what the topic, he can wind it back to pepper" Greer complained with an annoyed expression on her face causing Hope to lightly laugh with her friends as they were sat on chairs and pillows in the throne room.

The Queen of France and other noble women were scatted all around the room laughing and chatting with one another while Aylee tried to read to the five girls only to be interrupted by Greer every time. The golden haired girl turned her attention back onto Aylee who had an frustrated look on her face and sent her an apologetic look, "Sorry, sorry, go on"

"Et vacet annalis...." Aylee began to read once again only to be cut of by Greer who turned her attention back to her friends and exclaimed, " I bring up politics. Pepper transactions are a political minefield. History? 'The peppercorn has a storied past."

Hope couldn't help but giggle sharing an amused look with the rest of the girls only for Aylee to sigh as she grumbled under her breathe,"I doubt he'd wind Virgil back to pepper" Greer rolled her eyes as she furrowed her brows and blurted out, ""Oh, stop. We know what happens, he wanders around Troy for another 100 stanzas."   

"Well, at least his passionate about something even if he's boring you to death" Hope teasingly commented as she and Kenna looked at one another before snickering at the suffer Greer going through with Lord Castleroy. " it's not funny..." Greer trailed off when her eyes widened as she looked at someone who was walking into the room, " Shh, it's Olivia"

The six girls turned around to look at Olivia who anxiously glanced around the throne room, her hands clenching onto the skirt of her dress trying to ignore the judgmental and sympathetic looks she was receiving. The Queen of France stood up making her way over towards Hope and the Scottish ladies were sat narrowing her eyes at Mary and told her," you and I find ourselves strangely aligned for once"

Hope watched as Cathrine left the room without another word as she sighed sitting up straight as Aylee raised her brows staring at Mary as she inquired, " she dislikes Olivia more than you?" Mary hummed with a thoughtful look on her face as she turned her gaze to Olivia and muttered," apparently"

"why would Olivia return here?" Lola curiously questioned with a frown on her face causing Hope to shrug her shoulders casually and replied, " who knows. I just hope she won't be here for long. the sooner she's gone the better" Kenna grabbed ahold of Hope's hand as she knew the all the trouble she caused between Francis and Hope just because she was jealous of their relationship, " with the Prince's favor, she can find a match. If need be, Francis could force the issue"

"Who would willingly take used property? Even  a royals" Greer inquired narrowing her eyes at Olivia in disgust as Kenna turned her attention to the golden haired girl and resorted," Well it sounds like she was in love him but he didn't love her love back. Should she be punished forever?"