𝟎𝟔

- Snakes In The Garden

A little while later, Hope was laid out on her bed, doodling in her sketchbook minding her own business when Jace stormed into the room with an anxious look on his face as he began to pace back and forth

A little while later, Hope was laid out on her bed, doodling in her sketchbook minding her own business when Jace stormed into the room with an anxious look on his face as he began to pace back and forth. The auburn haired girl stopped what she was doing as she placed down her quill on her piece of paper as she stared at her brother with a look of confused on her face.

Hope stood up from her bed as she opened her mouth to ask what was wrong, however, before she could Jace spun around to face his sister with a look of shock on his face, " I kissed Mary" Jace spluttered as he groaned loudly and continued pacing back and forth in Hope's bedroom.

The auburn haired girl eyes widened in shock as she stared at her half brother, grabbing ahold of his arm and dragging him to sit on her bed as she looked at him for an explanation and requested, " tell me what happened" Jace sighed placing his head in his hands with a look of Shame and guilt on his face and muttered, " I think I like her, Hope. I know it's wrong because she's a Queen and engaged to Francis but...."

Jace sighed once again, a dejected look on his face as he turned his gaze to the floor, " there's just something about her" Hope frowned with a sympathetic look on her face knowing that her brother had probably gotten himself in a love triangle as she knew that Sebastian had gained strong feelings for Mary the Queen of Scotland.

" don't tell me the Jace Cartwright has a crush on Mary" Hope gasped with a teasingly look on her face causing the blonde boy to roll his eyes scoffing unamused by his sisters antics only for Hope to smile softy as she nudged his shoulder and spoke, " It's okay to feel something for her, Jace. You don't choose who you fall in love with. I mean, look at me and Francis. Many people had tried to get between us but it never works out the love between us is stronger than that"

Jace couldn't help the smile on his face as he happy he decided to come to French court to have some sort of relationship with his sister and while she had a rocky relationship with their father it didn't stop the two of them getting to know one another. The blonde knew about his sisters relationship with Francis and while he was concerned that it wasn't going to last between them since he was the future king of France and Hope was just a rich noble women and it was Francis duty to marry  a royal while his sisters was to marry a man with a title and in time start a family.

Hope and Francis had both proved him wrong as Jace witnessed just how much Francis cares about his sister and the love the two of them shared. A lot of people around court was envious of their relationship as they've seen the couple around court and it was pretty clear that what they had was special and many wished they could find a love just like Francis's and Hope's.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door interrupting Hope's conversation with her brother as the auburn haired girl turned around only to see one of the maidservants opening the door with a warm smile on her face, " My Lady, Mary, Queen of Scots" Hope shared an confused look with her brother as she watched the raven haired girl walk into the room.