3

Michael's POV

From: Unknown

Meet me in 20 minutes, we need to talk...

"Shit, shit, shit." I whispered to myself, searching through my draws for more money.

Nothing.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me..mom?" I called out, storming out of my room.

I ran down the stairs, ignoring Luke's curious stare. My mom and Liz were talking in the kitchen.

"You called, honey?" My mom said, looking up at me with a warm smile.

"Uh, yeah, do you have any money? I kinda need it."

"Really, Michael?" My mom sighed. "No, I'm not giving you money, we need it to look after Liz and her family."

"Fine." I huffed, storming back upstairs.

I slammed my door shut and fell onto the futon - I didn't really want to touch the bed since Luke had been sleeping in it. If this stupid fucking family hadn't moved in, I'd be able to pay Ashton before the two weeks are up. But no, Liz and Andrew and their annoying, freak of nature son had to come along and ruin it for me.

"Why do you need the money?" I heard someone ask.

I rolled my eyes and looked up to see Luke standing in the doorway.

"None of your business." I grumbled, turning my back on the annoying hybrid,

"Oh stop being such a little bitch," Luke snapped, making me turn over and look at him in surprise. "My family is in danger. I nearly got killed. When mom told me that we'd be going to an old friend's house, I was really happy. I thought I could start over and maybe meet new friends but it turns out that you're the biggest asshole I've ever met and that's saying something because I've met a lot of them."

I jumped to my feet and charged towards Luke, pinning him against the wall and shutting the door so no one would see.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that." I growled, digging my nails into his shoulder.

He winced and his ears flattened, something I knew cats did when they were scared. I glanced at the clock and my eyes widened. I was supposed to meet Ashton five minutes ago.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath, letting go of Luke.

I was about to leave when I was pulled back.

"I-I was going to give this to you.." He mumbled, handing me a 20 dollar bill.

"Thanks, kitten." I chuckled, snatching the bill from his hand.

Luke raised an eyebrow but I ignored him and rushed out of the door. Luckily, our usual meeting spot wasn't too far from my house. I glared down at my feet as I turned into the alley and noticed a familiar figure standing against a wall.

"Took your time, Clifford."

I saw Ashton look at me with a raised eyebrow, the joint in his hand sending waves of smoke up into the cold, winter air. His curls were messy as if he'd just gotten up and his eyes were red from the weed.

"H-hey Ash, I got the money."

He held out his hand and I passed him the money, taking a sigh of relief.

"I expect the rest in two weeks max."

"The rest?"

"You owe me two-fifty, you've only given me twenty," Ashton explained, smirking coldly. Bringing the joint between his fingers and to his lips, he continued. "If I don't get that money, you'll have to pay for it with your own life. Do you understand?"

I nodded slowly.

"Good. Go home, kid, before you catch a cold."

I left the alley and hurried home, cursing under my breath as the sun started to set. I knew that my mom would harass me with questions when I got back. I jumped up the steps to my house and knocked on the door a few times, not noticing that my mom's car wasn't in the driveway. The door opened and Luke stood there, wearing my white sweater and some sweatpants. I didn't want to admit it but he looked really cute in my clothes, I was a little bigger than him so the sweater was hanging off his shoulder and the sleeves went past his hands.

"Y-your mom gave it to me to wear cause my clothes were d-dirty.." Luke mumbled, letting me in.

I nodded and stepped in, shutting the door behind me.

"Where's our parents?" I asked, noticing that the house was completely silent

"They went o-out." Luke explained, fiddling with his (my) sleeves.

"So it's just us?"

Luke nodded and forced a small smile.

"Great," I huffed, stomping upstairs.

I - for the second time today - slammed my door shut and fell on my futon. I pulled my phone out from my pocket and grabbed my earphones off the side.

"M-Michael?" I heard Luke whimper from behind the door,

"What do you want, kitten?" I asked, rolling my eyes,

"C-can I come in?" Luke asked nervously. "And p-please don't call me that."

"I'll call you what I want," I retorted. "And yeah, it's your room now anyway."

The door slowly opened and Luke tiptoed in as I put my music on shuffle and stuck one earbud in.

"W-what are you listening to?"

I sighed in annoyance and looked over to Luke. "Pierce The Veil."

Luke's eyes lit up and a small smile formed on his lips. "I love Pierce The Veil, what's your favorite song?"

"Stay Away From My Friends, yours?"

"King For A Day."

"That's like their most well known song," I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"I know but it's amazing, okay, if it will make you happier then my other favorite is I'm Low On Gas And You Need A Jacket." Luke chuckled.

"I guess you're right, it's a great song." I snorted.

"What song are you listening to right now?"

"Stay Away From My Friends," I laughed, holding out an earbud for him. "Come listen to it with me."

He looked a little shocked but took the earbud and laid next to me, his arms behind his head. I heard him hum to the song as the chorus came on and I joined him. I don't know why I was being so nice to him. I was most likely going to act as if this never happened tomorrow but for now, I didn't care.

And that's how we spent the night, listening to Pierce The Veil and just laying next to each other, humming along to the songs.

Notes

Awh Muke bonding sessions are adorable :3 If you don't know me, I'm  :) I helped Jordan with this story and I might do some more co-writing but idk.

Stella x

Edited July 2019