14

Michael's POV

"Luke, sweetie, we think it's best if you start attending school with Michael," Liz told both of us.

"I don't know, my school is hell," I interrupted. "If they find out he's a hybrid, they'll make fun of him so much."

He unlaced our fingers and huffed. "I'm fine, Michael. I want to go anyways, I'm so bored of sitting around during the day. I want to learn."

"Baby, they're really mean, I -"

"I can stick up for myself, damnit!" Luke jumped up out of his chair. "You are not my protector, I am my own person! Fuck off!"

*****

I watched from across the hall as Luke timidly puts books in his lockers. It was his first day and he was ignoring me because he claims he can defend himself.

"Aw look at the new kid," Some jocks teased, lightly pushing him up against the locker. "Looks like a major faggot."

Luke glanced over at me with pleading eyes and I simply shrugged. "He is a faggot - the biggest." I smirked a cold smirk as he wiped a tear and rushed down the hall.

I felt a bit guilty but it sunk away as the jocks came over and gave me high-fives.

*****

"What the hell was that about today, Michael?"

"You said you could stand up for yourself," I propped up on my elbows to look at Luke. "So I let you fight your own battle. And you lost, Luke."

"I don't even care that you didn't stand up for me," He whimpered, his voice cracking. "You called me a faggot. You're such an ass! I don't - I don't want to be with you, if you're going to treat me like that."

I bolted up from the bed and took a step towards him just as he took one back. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. Please don't leave me."

Luke shook his head, wiping his tears like earlier. "You're only apologizing because I threatened to break up with you. You made your point, I'm weak. And I don't want to be with you if you're only going to make me weaker."

"Luke, please don't do this, it was a joke."

"I hope you're proud of yourself, Michael. That might be a joke to you but it really hurt me."

He walked out the door. I heard him ask permission to visit Calum's, he was granted it, and I watched him head down the street.

Notes

This is so short I'm sorry. but Michael YOU DICK

Thank you babes I love you all x

Jordan

Edited July 2019