18

A/N: Continuation of last chapter. Please read that first if you have not x

*****

"Luke, you have to do it or else they'll find us."

"N-No!" He cried. "What about my m-music? And all the p-pictures of me and Mikey! I c-can't do it!"

"Hey Cal? Can you give us a minute alone, please?" Michael asked his friend, who obliged and walked over to the shady area a couple hundred feet away. "Luke, baby. What's wrong, why won't you do this?"

"It's like forgetting everything back h-home," Luke whined, burying his face in Michael's chest and letting tears fall from his eyes. "I don't want to go, Mikey. P-Please, let's just turn ourselves in."

"I know kitten," Michael sighed, rubbing his boyfriend's back. "But we have to go, it's the only way we'll be together. Everything is going to be alright. Think of our lives as a book, yeah? This is just a new chapter. We'll make plenty of more memories and take plenty of more pictures."

Luke sniffled and picked his head up, forcing a small smile. "Okay. Thank you, Mikey.." He leaned up and pressed a kiss to Michael's lips. "I l-love you."

In that moment, Michael's heart stopped - but his mouth did not. "I love you too."

*****

After hours of driving, the boys decided it'd be best to find a motel to crash at for the night. "We don't have a lot of money, so it has to be cheap. We have to share a room, but we'll get two beds." Michael explained quietly, trying not to wake the sleeping Luke beside him.

"What about that one up there?" Calum squinted his eyes, trying to read the sign. "Bendigo Mcivor Motor Inn?"

"Keep your voice down, please, Calum," Michael scolded. "That looks good, I'll go in and ask about rooms - give me your hat." Calum passed up his hat and let the older boy adjust it on his head. "Stay here."

A few minutes passed and Michael had returned. "They have a room, c'mon. I'll carry Luke in then we can come back and get the bags." He walked around to Luke's door and opened it softly, carefully unbuckling his seatbelt and scooping him up in his arms bridal-style.

"Where are we?" Luke muttered sleepily, fluttering his eyes open.

"We're at a motel. Go back to sleep, okay baby? I'm going to lay you down in our bed then I'll be in with you shortly after that."

"Okay..love you Mikey.." He yawned, closing his eyes and going back to sleep.

Michael blushed. "Love you too, Lukey."

Once up to the room, Calum dropped his stuff and threw himself on his double bed and exhaled loudly. "Cal, the bags, let's go." Michael reminded. "Also, I'm thinking that we all dye our hair a different color tomorrow. We'll look different."

"First my phone and now my hair! What are you doing to me, mate?" Calum wailed, putting a palm to his heart dramatically.

"The phone thing was your idea!" Michael responded, laughing. "Let's just get the rest of the bags and then go to sleep. I'm exhausted. Do you want to drive a little tomorrow? Please Cally?"

Calum huffed, closing the trunk. "Yeah, I guess. Anything for you, Mike."

"I sense sarcasm."

"Not sarcasm, just asshole-ism."

"Is that a word?"

"It is now."

Notes

Double update

The chapters are going to stay pretty short and sweet

:)

Ily all

Jordan x

Edited July 2019