25

One week later, each boy - except Luke - had a job. They had enough money to buy an apartment and had some left over to pay the first month's expenses. It was the move-in day and it took them twenty minutes.

"This place looks so bare," Calum frowned tightly. "We'll have to go shopping for some furniture."

It was a two bedroom, one bathroom apartment in Manhattan. It was expensive, but well-worth the buy with its stainless steel appliances and hard surface flooring throughout. The boys liked it a lot.

"I can't believe we're actually here in New York," Ashton sighed, standing beside Calum and resting his head on the taller boy's chest. "We're settled down now, you know."

They didn't have to worry about Michael and Luke walking in on them right now - the boyfriends were admiring their new neighborhood. "Yeah, we are, aren't we?" Calum smiled sheepishly, knowing what that meant.

"It's nice," Ashton sighed happily. "It's relaxing. I'm going to go shower, would you mind making us some mac & cheese?"

"Not at all, love," Calum kissed his whatever they are before he headed for the shower. He walked to the cabinet and opened it, seeing a container full of cookies and a sticky note attached on top.

"Cal-Baby,

Meet me on the rooftop for dinner at 7pm tonight. Dress fancy.

Ash x

P.S. I still want the mac & cheese."

Calum blushed and chuckled, eating a cookie and then beginning to make the mac & cheese.

*****

Meanwhile, Michael and Luke wandered the streets of Manhattan, marveling at how extravagant everything was. They may have lived in Sydney, but neither had ever been in a city quite like this.

"This is all so beautiful," Luke breathed, staring up at the buildings.

"Yeah," Michael agreed. "You are so beautiful."

Michael squeezed their intertwined hands, kissing Luke's cheek gently. "I'm going to take you everywhere in this city - I heard there's this huge ToysRUs store in Times Square." He raised an eyebrow as Luke giggled. "We can go there next week, when I have my day off."

"I promise I'll get a job, and help out with the rent," Luke stated. "I just want to work on my s-stutter- ah f-fuck! I almost made a full sentence.. stupid stutter.."

"Don't get discouraged, kitten, you are doing so well," Michael reassured him. "I love you with or without your stutter and if people don't accept that it's part of who you are, it's their problem."

"I don't want it to be a p-part of me anymore, Mikey."

"Hey, baby, look at me," Michael stopped them in the middle of the sidewalk - luckily not too many people were roaming this street today - and cupped his cheeks. "You're my baby boy, stutter or not. It is a part of who you are, it's one of the best parts of who you are. I love it. It doesn't change you, I promise. I love you, Lukey."

"Thank you," Luke said softly, dropping his head in attempt to hide his blush. "I love you too."

"Why don't I treat you to lunch at the cafe by our building and then we'll go home and cuddle?" Michael offered, hands still on Luke's cheeks.

"Sounds like a date," Luke responded, grinning like a fool.

Notes

Hello friends, I hope you enjoyed this update.

Cashton date next chapter! :-)

All the love,

Jordan x

Edited July 2019