5

Luke's POV

I knocked on Michael's bedroom door (would it be more appropriate to say ours now?), waiting for the bleach-haired boy open with his signature, ovary-exploding smirk. I know I don't have ovaries - but if I did, they'd explode with every curve of his lips.

He's attractive, okay, but he's an asshole. Most attractive boys are assholes and most assholes are attractive boys. There's a pattern.

"I know, it's been two weeks." I heard him say from the other side of the door. I gently pushed it open and peeked my head in, seeing him on the phone. "Yeah, I have the money."

He paused, his features hardening. "Don't ask how I got it, Ash. Seriously, don't."

"Okay, yeah. I'll be there in ten."

"Hey," I breathed, stepping into full view as he hung up. He glanced up at me and looked even more irritated than he did before, if that was possible.

"How long were you standing there?"

"Like, five minutes..." I answered. "Why do you owe this Ash kid money?"

Michael shook his head. "He bought me something a while back and I have to pay him back. That's all." He sat on the bed and tied his shoelaces.

"What did he buy you?"

"It doesn't matter," He huffed, standing up and heading for the door. "Just leave me alone, Luke."

I watched him leave the room, clearly tense. It was much more than paying a friend back, I couuld tell. So I slipped on my own shoes and followed him out the door and down the block to the same alley I was beat up in.

Michael never checked if someone was following him, so lucky for me, I was able to jump behind the dumpster and peer my head out. Mere seconds after Michael arrived, a boy with curly hair and green eyes stepped into the alley.

It was one of the three boys who beat me up. Fuck.

"Clifford, how nice it is to see you."

"You too, Ash."

"I'm not here to make friends," Ash looked around, anywhere but Michael. "I gave you ten ounces of weed." I held in my gasp. "That shit was hard to get. You better pay me back the full two-fifty right now or I swear-"

Michael nodded hastily, pulling out a stack of cash and handing it to the other boy. "I didn't even get to smoke the weed."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. There's your money. You don't have to kill me anymore, alright?"

Both Michael and I stared nervously as Ash counted the money. His eyes changed colors right there and then - from the pretty green like Michael's to dark and terrifying, just how they were when he beat me up. "There's fifty dollars missing."

"Shit, okay, just let me check my pockets-"

"Is this some kind of joke to you?"

"Of course not, Ashton, just give me a second, please." Michael croaked, clearly afraid. He dug his hands through the pockets of his jeans and his jacket. "I don't... okay, fuck..."

The curly-haired boy was digging through his pockets as well, but he seemed to find what he needed a lot faster than Michael did. "Michael, get out of the way!" I screamed at him, jumping out from behind the dumpster.

Ashton swung the switchblade at him but was stopped by Michael gripping his wrist and twisting it. "Ashton fucking Irwin," He panted, kneeing Ashton in the stomach. I stood there, mouth agape, while he collapsed to the ground. "Take what I'm giving you and don't be such a dick."

With one final kick to the gut and money thrown on his face, Michael took off back in the direction of home. "Michael!" I shouted, running after him. "W-what... what the hell was that?"

After minutes of pestering him, I still got no answer. "We're talking about this when we get back in the house." I said firmly.

As soon as we got back into our bedroom, he ripped off his shoes and his jacket. I could practically see the steam coming from his ears. "You! You idiot!" He yelled, pointing at me. "You could've gotten us both killed! I can fend for myself! Do you know how wrong it was for you to follow me?"

"I... I saved you!"

"Yeah, you did - but you're still a pathetic freak!"

I rolled my eyes and pinned him against the closed and locked bedroom door. "Listen to me, Clifford. You should take your own advice and not be such a dick! You were actually being kind of sweet to me since I got beat up, but you must've woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning cause you are once again an asshole. I am so done with your shit, Michael. Either stop treating me like a piece of crap or ignore me!"

"I was starting to trust you," I paused. "But I should've known it was an act. You're a jerk."

Michael's green eyes pierced mine and he smirked that stupid smirk. "What a dirty mouth for such a pretty face."

I stepped back from him and averted my gaze away. He had made me flustered and he knew that. "Don't ever follow me again," He spoke. "Or else we'll both get hurt. got it, kitten?"

"Y-yeah, got it."

"There's my scaredy-cat," He snickered, rubbing my ears. I couldn't help but to purr, and that's exactly what he wanted. "You probably figured it out, but that Ashton kid was my drug dealer."

I opened my mouth to respond, but he waved his hand dismissingly. "Yeah, I know, he also beat you up. I'm sorry about that, but I don't control him. If you tell either of our parents about me and drugs, I won't hesitate to make your life a living hell. Okay?" I nodded. "Now, have you ever gotten high before?"

"Uhm, n-no..."

"Well there's a first for everything." Michael chuckled. "Put your beanie on, babe. We're going to go meet my friends and have a little fun."

Babe.

Notes

Hey guys :-) I love the votes it makes me so happy aw aw

Please don't be afraid to comment, I wanna know your feedback and answer any questions or whatevs

I love you guys x

Jordan

Edited July 2019