16

A/N: This might be a little confusing, but I'm switching to third person pov. Sorry babes x

*****

Six months later, Luke and Michael's relationship had only blossomed - with occasional fights, like most couples - and Luke had convinced Michael to lessen his smoking and drinking habits.

The Hemmings and Cliffords were gathered around the dinner table. The air felt extremely light and everyone was in a good mood. "Liz, did you hear about the servo down the street? It's closing!"

"Oh, no," Liz frowned tightly. "Is that the one we went to all the time when we were teenagers?"

"That would be the one," Karen answered. "It's sad. That one always had the cheapest fuel prices." The adults chuckled and Michael and Luke just shared a teasing look - adult stuff.

There was a pounding on the front door that interrupted the cheerful small talk. "Now who could that be?" Karen asked, hurrying to the front door. She put her eye up to the peephole and once who she saw who it was, she gasped and took a step away from the front door.

Daryl understood immediately and pointed upstairs. "Michael, Luke, go to the crawl space in your room. Now."

"W-What?" Luke stuttered, clearly afraid. "What's g-going on?"

"It's the police," Karen spoke, her voice shaking. "You guys need to go hide."

"Luke, go up to the crawl space with Michael please. We'll stay down here," Andrew ordered, pulling his wife closer to him. "If they're going to take anyone, it'll be us, not our baby boy."

"N-No!" Luke screamed, rushing over to his parents and engulfing them in a hug. "They won't take you! Have them take m-me!"

"Luke, no," Michael croaked, grabbing his boyfriend's hand. "It's going to be fine. No one is going anywhere. C'mon, we have to go upstairs."

Liz and Andrew each kissed their son on the forehead and pushed him off with Michael, where they knew he'd be safe. The two bounded the steps, the voices from the dining room fading. The front door was open now, Michael could hear, but he couldn't make out what they were saying.

"You go first, baby," Michael said, opening the crawl space entry, letting the younger boy climb in before him. "I'm right behind you, s'okay." He closed it behind him and they squeezed into the corner, Luke nuzzling his head in Michael's chest and letting out small sobs.

Five minutes later, there was an ear-piercing scream from downstairs that the boys immediately recognized as Liz. "Mom!" Luke shouted, wiggling out of Michael's embrace - but before he could get anywhere, the raven-haired boy tugged him back into his arms.

"You're staying right here with me, Luke. It's okay, it's okay."

"Can you stop saying it's o-okay?" Luke wailed, tears running down his cheeks furiously. "Did you j-just hear that, Michael? That was my m-mom screaming! They're going to k-kill my parents, maybe even yours! We have to stop t-them!"

"Luke, we can't-" Michael started, but stopped as he heard footsteps in his room. He wrapped his arms around Luke and pulled him closer to his body, pressing a finger to his lips.

"There's no one else in the house," A man announced. "We're still missing the son. We need to find him and bring him to the lab."

"P-Please!" Liz yelled. "Please don't hurt our son!"

"Oh shut up," A different man scoffed. "Put them in the van. And Irwin?"

"Yes sir?"

"Are you positive that Michael boy is with the third hybrid?"

"Positive, sir," Ashton replied. "They're dating."

"Faggots," The same man snickered. "We'll find him and put him in jail for harboring a hybrid, along with his scumbag parents. Let's go guys."

As soon as the boys were sure they were gone, they both ran out from the crawl space. Luke began to pace and Michael just sat on the bed numbly. "A-Ashton is working for them! Did you k-know that?"

"I had no clue.. I just thought he was a dealer.." Michael responded, putting his head in his hands. "We have to run as far from here as possible. They're looking for the both of us."

"A-Absolutely not!" Luke shook his head. "I'm g-going to turn myself in. It's just a l-lab, how bad could it be? And besides, my p-parents will be there!"

"And what about me, Luke?! I'm supposed to go to jail? No way! And that lab! It's not a safe place. They're going to make you do tests! You'll be their science experiment. I'm not letting you do that."

"Y-You can't make decisions for me!" Luke crossed his arms over his chest. "I thought we've been over this, Michael. I can protect myself!"

Michael stood up from the bed, looking Luke straight in the eyes. "I'm making this decision this time, kitten. We're running away and that's final. I'll be in the kitchen putting some food together. I expect you to be packed in an hour."

"O-Okay.."

"And Luke?"

"Yeah..?"

"Don't even think about leaving this house while I'm not watching you."

Michael pressed a chaste kiss to Luke's lips and went downstairs. Luke sighed, grabbing two bags and began to pack clothes.

Notes

YES THE REAL DRAMA IS BEGINNING

I have nothing planned after this oOPS I'm really bad at planning chapters out

Lol ok love you guys

Jordan.x

Edited July 2019