Unofficial Avenger

May 4, 2012

Ronnie was in her office going over quarterly reports while also reading through some contracts when JARVIS urgently notified her of intruder's in the building. He informed her that he had already started the evacuation protocol and that she needed to get to her panic room because he was unsure if she would make it safely out of the building in time. Seeing as her office was close to where the intruder's were, she listened to JARVIS immediately. Shutting down her computer she headed to the room connected to her office behind her bookcase. Tony had a panic room built into his, hers and Pepper's offices just in case. With them being rich and powerful public figures there was always a chance someone would try to sack up to kidnap them or try to hurt them. 

Heart pounding in her chest Ronnie took a calming breath and asked JARVIS to pull up the security feeds to show her who exactly was in the building. Needless to say, Ronnie was surprised to see that it was the god her brother and his team had been hunting who was standing in Tony's penthouse with several armed men. Also seeing a man who JARVIS informed her was Dr Selvig directing some men with some kind of machine outside onto the terrace. The kidnapped and apparently brainwashed astrophysicist seemed to her to be an accomplice. 

Deciding that she wasn't going to just sit around to be found, she over rode the lockdown to head up to Tony's lab. Ronnie actively ignored JARVIS' commands to head back to the panic room and wait for her brother to rescue her. He might sound like her Jarvis but she didn't feel the need to listen to him like he was. Besides, after what had happened to Tony she had been determined to never get put into that kind of situation. She would fight to the end rather than be a damsel in distress who relied on others for assistance. Unlike Tony back then, she had access to the best defense systems, so she was going to use them.

Ronnie was glad she decided on more casual attire today than she usually wore to the office. Wearing a dark green sleeveless silk shirt, black fitted slacks and a pair of classic flats. It would have been a bitch of a time doing this in heels she thinks to herself. Stepping into one of Tony's suits she made sure it was fully armed and operational before heading up for the floor Thor's brother was on. 

After her brothers kidnapping she had thrown herself into intense self defense classes. As well as hiring an ex Marine to teach her how to handle guns and show her the basics on how to handle knives. He also taught her how to use her body and everyday objects as weapons. She knew that training was giving her an unhealthy amount of self confidence for this situation, but she was going to defend her family's company as best she could. Being a tattle tale the AI had informed her brother of what she was doing. JARVIS immediately patched Tony's frantic call through to the suit. The panic in her brother's voice when he found out his baby sister was still in the building was drowned out by his anger when she told him she was heading up to confront Loki. “Veronica Stark, you get your ass back into your panic room, right now!”

Ronnie rolled her eyes at his outburst. “Calm down, Bubba. I'll be fine. I'm in one of your space suits. I made sure it was fully armed and operational, so chillax.”

JARVIS informed them both that Loki was still up in Tony's penthouse. Her brother tried to tell JARVIS to lock her off his floor but Ronnie was already there. Hanging up on him, she cautiously stepped out to face Loki making sure the suit's repulsors were armed and aimed at him. “So you're the one causing all the ruckus.” Ronnie was glad her voice came out stronger than the squeak she expected.