This involves you too

Steve's POV

Closing the door behind him he watched as Ronnie crossed the room to head into the closet to grab out some of the clothes she'd been loaned until their things arrived. Grabbing what she needed she headed into the adjoining bathroom sparing him a wondering glance at his continued silence. Now that he had her alone a bit of the fire went out of him after what happened in the hall. Steve had been upset, but he hadn't thought-

Looking around her room he tried to find the words that wouldn't escalate this talk into a fight.

Coming back out of the bathroom where she'd set her clothes Ronnie perched on the edge of the bed. When he still didn't say anything she seemed to deflate a little before straightening up. "Will you just spit it out Steve? Go on, tell me how I've made you mad by bringing in someone to help Buck that you don't like just because I briefly dated him four years ago."

She was right, he'd been angry because of who she'd called. He hadn't been thrilled with how flirty they'd been in front of him and the others as if everything that they felt for each other was nothing. As if how she felt for Bucky was nothing. The look of pain and confusion on his friend's face had him angry on his behalf. The discussion he wanted to have needed to be private because he was sure it would get very heated, but Ayo's protective gesture had him hesitant.

"I'm not thrilled about him being here, but you're right, if he can help Buck then I'll learn to live with it. You were also right. I am jealous of him and now that I know how I've felt about you this whole time I hate him even more." That wasn't what she was expecting him to say by the look of shock on her face. "I don't like that he knows it and rubbed my face in it and unknowingly Bucky's by calling you that nickname and holding you like that in front of us."

"But that's just Strange. He can't help himself." She says with a shrug that tells him she was blind to what the other man was doing. Whether willfully or naively he didn't know, but she had to know either way.

"He can. All you have to do is tell him not to. I know right now you're mad at me and whatever our future is it's uncertain, but Veronica, I.." Frustrated, he roughly ran his hands through his hair as his words failed him. "Damn it, this isn't coming out the way I want it to."

Standing up Ronnie held out her hands at her sides. "I don't know what I can tell you other than I'll tell Stephen to chill. I'm sorry that you feel that way, but you have to know that nothing is going on with him and I. He's dating someone, a doctor he works with. I've met her. She can handle his bullshit and actually likes doing it."

He didn't know that and if he had he might have seen what he was now. A man who liked to needle people screwing with him because he knew how Steve felt about Ronnie. "Oh.."

"Yeah, oh." Folding her arms under her breasts and standing with one foot to the side popping out her hip. "Contrary to current events not every man I come into contact with wants to get into my pants. And even if they did doesn't mean I'd let them. God, you know I'm so sick of being fought over. I didn't ask for any of this. I was just trying to help you out and now you and Bucky are professing your love for me and making me all confused. And on top of it I have Mischief following after my skirts across the damn ocean and a few continents!"

Throwing her hands into the air she began pacing restlessly back and forth as she angrily ranted. "You tell me you love me then I find out the whole thing with my parents. I get mad at you and push you away. I keep pushing and pushing, but you keep coming back. Buck tells me after mere weeks of knowing me he's fallen in love with me. I expect you to be angry or something, but are you? No! You kiss me after I stop the man who started all of this bombing bullshit and as we're in the middle of trying to get Buck help you tell me you are willing to share me. As if that was ever an option!"