Truths and kept promises

Ronnie's POV

Waking up a few hours later Ronnie felt as rested as she could be knowing the conversation that she was about to have with Fury and her brother today. Stretching out her whole body before she got out of bed she sighed as she walked down the hall to the bathroom. Ronnie checked out her appearance in the mirror after using the bathroom and washing her hands. She had dark circles under her eyes and her face looked paler than normal. Not a promising start to her day. Getting undressed she hopped into the shower letting the hot water run over her.

She hoped by the time she was done she would know what she would say to explain why she helped Steve smuggle Bucky into the country. Slowly she came to the realization that she just needed to tell them the truth and hope that they understood. Bucky was only doing what he'd been brainwashed to do. That he had just been another weapon in Hydra's arsenal to be used and stored away when it suited them and their needs. Toweling off Ronnie securely wraps the towel around her to head back to her bedroom.

Stepping out into the hall she bumps into Bucky on his way to the bathroom. Clutching at the towel she apologizes. "I'm so sorry. It's going to take me a minute to remember that I have anyone staying up on this floor with me."

His eyes briefly wander over her before snapping to look up at the ceiling. His cheeks pinking up in embarrassment. Ronnie finds it adorable as he stutters out. "N-no it was my fault. I'm not fully awake and didn't see you coming."

Going around him she tells him, "Bathroom is all yours. Towels are under the sink if you want to take a shower." She can feel his eyes on her back as she makes her way to her bedroom. You'd think she'd feel uncomfortable with him watching her walk away in nothing but a towel, but she wasn't. Ronnie knew she could trust him and that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her or upset Steve.

Shooting off a text to Tony and Fury that she needed a closed meeting with just the two of them in an hour she headed for her closet. Rummaging around until she found what she was looking for she began to get dressed.
Ronnie needed to be Veronica Stark, badass Co-CEO and Avenger today. Nothing said that more than a power suit and some killer Louis Vuitton's.

Clipping on a long gold necklace with a pendant that was her mother's she walked over to her built-in vanity. Next it was time for a women's version of war paint. Half an hour later she was ready. Her hair was done in beachy waves down her back and her makeup was flawless. Slipping on the matching black jacket over her long sleeved emerald silk button up Ronnie shook her hair out of her jacket and grabbed her purse. Time to go get Bucky his freedom.

Exiting her room she walked down the short hall to his bedroom and knocked on the door. It opened to reveal a shirtless Bucky with damp hair. Ronnie's eyes briefly skimmed over his chest and stomach before finding his amused eyes looking down at her. 'Well good morning to you too then.'

Clearing her throat she told him of her plans. "I'm about to leave to go ambush my brother and Fury about you and prepare my statement for the press. I don't know how long this will take so help yourself to whatever is in the house. Jarvis will answer any questions you have and don't forget if you need me to let him know and I'll be back as soon as I can."

He looked nervous that this was happening so soon, but she didn't like keeping secrets or lying to those she loved and cared about. The sooner this was said the better. Giving him a reassuring hug she tells him, "It'll be okay, James. Remember, you need to stay inside and stay hidden."

Bucky nodded and stepped back to put his shirt on. Coming back he grasped her right hand in his metal one. "I know, doll. I'll keep the curtains closed and stay up here." She nodded and squeezed his hand unsure if he had any touch receptors, but she did it all the same. Letting go she turned to leave when he called out to her. "Do you know when Steve will be back?"