Buttercup to your Westley

Steve's POV

Steve was running late to lunch. He rushed in to see most of the team that was home in the kitchen with Ronnie. Natasha, Wanda, Vision and Sam were already at the counter eating their lunches. Giving everyone his usual hello and a wink at Ronnie who couldn't help her laugh at what was to come. He walked over to the fridge to pull out the stuff to make a sandwich and a salad.

Steve and Ronnie tried to act like they normally did with each other as they ate. Joking and talking about their day so far, but he couldn't stop thinking about their kiss from earlier. Sam pulled him out of his inappropriate thoughts about his best friend when he started talking to Steve and Vision about their last mission, while Ronnie turned to talk to the girls.

With lunch winding down and the others about to leave Ronnie subtly elbowed him and slyly said. "No more rhymes now, I mean it!"

Steve chuckled and replied. "Anybody want a peanut?"

Ronnie tossed up her hands and shouted. "GAH!"

Getting up from the counter she said her goodbyes and walked casually towards the hallway that led to her office. Sam rolled his eyes at them with a smirk that practically screamed I know you like her. Which he didn't. Well he thought he didn't.

Shaking is head to get back on track he knew he needed to really make Sam suspicious. Steve told Sam he needed to talk to Ronnie real quick and to wait for him. Jogging in the same direction she went, Steve almost ran into Ronnie who was waiting around the corner. She was looking around to make sure the coast was clear before turning to look up at him. Her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Speaking softly in case anyone walked past them. "I'm gonna kiss you for the camera's so if Sam or anyone else checks the video feeds they see us."

Without giving him any time to prepare, Ronnie pushed him up against the wall. His hands instinctively grasped her waist pulling her closer. They both looked to see if anyone was around one more time.

Seeing no one, she cupped his face and brought hers up to his. Running her fingers through his hair to mess it up as she lightly pressed a kiss to his lips. Ronnie ended the kiss by nipping his lower lip that sent a shiver of desire straight to his groin. A few seconds later she winked and strutted away.

They had barely kissed at all, but it almost felt like their first kiss the way his face was flushed and his chest was slightly heaving. Shaking his head to clear it he went back to the kitchen to Sam. Steve didn't need to fake the distracted dazed look he had on his face.

"What were you just doing with Ronnie that your perfect hair is all messed up, Cap?" Sam not so slyly asked.

Steve pulled himself out of his thoughts and looked up at his friend. Nat and Wanda's conversation paused as they glanced up at his usually perfectly quaffed hair. Steve ran his fingers through it to fix it and slightly stuttered.

"N..nothing. Uhh, forgot my phone in my room. See ya later." Steve beat a hasty retreat in the opposite direction he had just come from. Sam called out to him. "Steve! Hey, you told me you wanted to talk to me." Steve ignored him as he booked it down the hall.

It had been noticeable to Sam and now Natasha and Wanda that he'd gone after Ronnie to "talk" and came back a couple minutes later with messed up hair and a flushed face. Then he looked even more guilty of lying by heading the other way. Steve smiled to himself. Sam would true to form want to know what he was hiding.

Sure enough Sam ran up to him a few minutes later. "Hey man, what the hell was that? What's going on with you little Stark? You can tell me, I won't say anything."