Anvil

Tony’s POV

Once Bucky’s old metal arm had been removed and he was safely ensconced in the special cryo machine made just for him, Tony and Steve walked into Ronnie’s room to find her still with the god of Mischief. It was certainly a strange sight to behold. There on the large bed, was a peacefully sleeping Ronnie in Loki’s arms as he gently combed his fingers through her hair with a contented smile on his face. Well it was until he saw them. Then the god wiped any emotion off of his face other than his usual bland expression reserved for anyone other than his sister apparently. At no point when he came face to face with the Asgardian flirting with his baby sister four years ago was how he thought things would progress. After the emotionally charged events of today though Tony decided to keep his thoughts to himself. 

So staying quiet and only long enough to check in with the god on how his baby sister was handling things, Tony left the three of them to return a missed call from Secretary Ross from about six hours ago. He would have answered it but they were just starting the procedure on Bucky which was more important to his sister and Steve than dealing with the hassle that was the Secretary of Defense at the moment. The hope was that Ross had called to tell him that Ronnie, Bucky and Steve’s fugitive status had finally been dropped seeing as how Zemo was in custody having admitted to being behind the bombing using Barnes’ face to stir up trouble to break up the Avengers. Anything less would have his lawyers making Ross’ life a living hell until they could come home. 

Ever since Ronnie and Barnes had hidden away at his cabin Tony had been working tirelessly to clear up this whole mess. Calling in every favor owed to him over the years to not only get them back home, but to undo the mistake he put his name to in the Accords. His sister had been right. He had let his guilt get the better of him. Compound that with Steve’s betrayal and Tony had been an absolute mess when Ross came to him spouting off about leshing the team. But he would do his damndest to make things right. It would take time to work through it all, but with his sister by his side he knew he could do it. And with boyfriend number two down for the count she would have plenty of time to set her singular focus on the task.

Pausing just inside the doorway he looks back at the strange pairing of Rogers and Loki bracketing a still sleeping Ronnie who sleepily mumbles Steve’s name when her unconscious mind realizes he’s cuddled behind her. When he first saw how things were turning when she came back from France with Barnes, Tony knew things were about to be shaken up. Because the way those two looked at each other and how fiercely she defended him told him that there were deeper feelings there than just friendship. For a minute there he’d been concerned with where that left Rogers since he knew there was love there as well for the both of them. And aside from the hurt he wrought on their friendship, Tony was happy in his own way that Steve had finally admitted he was in love with Ronnie after all these years. Now he wasn’t exactly sure what was happening with his sister and all of these men. He thought he did when it was just Steve and Bucky. Not that he was thrilled with the idea of her seriously dating two men at once. But if it made her happy then who was he to judge? However the addition of Loki had Tony shaking his head in confusion. 

He didn’t know what she saw in him or why the other two were seemingly okay with it, but Tony had learned his lesson the hard way, twice, when it came to butting into his sister’s love life. As long as Ronnie was happy then he would deal. Though the second one or more of them hurt her or broke her heart it was game over. Having wasted so much of their time together when she was growing up, Tony took his role as Ronnie’s big brother seriously. She was his mini me. His only living family he had left and he would not screw it up a second time by not supporting her in the rough days coming from public opinion. Being a public figure Ronnie would catch a lot of flack for being in a relationship with more than one man. Forget about the fact that two of the three had a harder selling point in comparison to Rogers who the media always loved. They had especially loved the idea of romance between Emerald Vixon and Captain America for years and ever since the news broke on them finally admitting they were ‘together’, the media and public opinion would not be kind to his sister.