Welcome to Wakanda

Steve's POV an hour later

Looking back over his shoulder at Veronica and Tony huddled together by the quinjet, Steve let out a quiet sigh of pain for them and of relief that she was physically unharmed. As for mentally and emotionally, well that was another story. This was something that was cutting into old wounds recently reopened and there was nothing he could do to help either one of them other than to be there ready to be an ear or a shoulder when they needed it. Turning his attention back to Bucky, King T'Challa and Zemo, he focused on what was being discussed. What to do with the man who'd impersonated Buck and had killed not only the new King's father, but many more in his quest for vengeance.

The quiet man hadn't said another word after Veronica had cuffed him and left him in the Wakandian King's custody. In fact he silently stood still as he stared out at the view around them of the Siberian mountain range. It was almost unnerving how uncaring, seemly unfeeling, he was now that his plans had been foiled. If he hadn't heard for himself from Loki what had been said, Steve would have thought him heartless. Zemo wasn't a good person, but he wasn't a villain in the sense that they were used to. His family had been killed due to a mistake made by Stark and Banner, a year later and they were still paying for the fallout of Ultron.

"I am going to leave him in your custody, Captain Rogers. It is my belief that while he killed my father he needs to face judgment for the other countless crimes he has committed first. I trust that you will not let him slip through your fingers." The implied threat of retribution should that happen hung unnecessarily in the air. Nodding Steve glanced over at Bucky who was staring at the Sokovian. Not in anger, though that was there as well, but in pain at the past he was forced to relive.

"We'll take him with us until the UN decides what they want to do with him. In the meantime we thank you for your help and willingness to listen to the truth." He tells the young King with a hand on his best friend's back in gratitude. Inclining his head in acknowledgement, T'Challa gives Buck a commiserating smile.

"I am just glad the truth came out before I avenged my fathers death on the wrong man." Turning his full attention to the brunette standing next to Steve he tilts his head to the side as he weighs what he's about to offer. "From what your friends have told me, Sergeant Barnes, you have a target on your back as long as these trigger words are in your head. Please allow me to offer a way to get them out."

Steve and Bucky share a questioning glance before looking back at T'Challa. It was something they'd talked about at great length since they'd been home. The hope was with Dr Kent's help they'd be able to find a way to undo the brainwashing done to him and get the trigger words out of his head for good.

Buck's tone was cautious, but skeptical when he peppered the other man with questions. "What do you mean? You have a way to get what Hydra did out of me, how?"

"My sister, how can I say this?" He smiles with barely concealed pride as he looks Bucky in the eyes and shrugs unsure how to discribe his genius sister. "She is incredibly gifted and is always up for a challenge." At their concerned and doubtful expressions he was quick to reassure them she wouldn't harm him. "I am not explaining this right at all. Wakanda has the medical resources to help you should you wish it. As a thank you for all that the Avenger's have done for our fallen King and personally for my family. There's nothing we can say or do that will ever repay you, but I hope this is a step in that direction."

As Steve watched Bucky think over his offer, Veronica's soft voice had all four men turning to look at her. Wrapped up in a pair of Tony's spare sweats and a spare suit jacket she stood there shivering from the cold. "You should take him up on his offer, James."

Shifting her red rimmed eyes towards T'Challa she said without a hint that her request was up for debate, "And if you'll allow it I would like to come with him, your highness."