I need a favor

Ronnie's POV March 2016

Sighing she rolled her eyes at her ever annoying brother. "For the last damn time, Tony. I'm not moving into the compound or the Tower. I love my house." The argument was an old one. One they'd had so many times over the years that she refused to play into it.

Following suit Tony rolled his eyes right back at his sister as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Mini, it's not safe for you to live so far away where no one can help you if you're attacked." He argued, uncrossing his right arm and waving it out to the side as he spoke.

"First of all I'm not alone." She snarks. "Steve lives downstairs. And second, no one forced Steve to live at SHIELD's headquarters when he lived on his own in D.C. or forced him to have a babysitter." She shot back at her brother. At that moment Steve chose to walk into the kitchen. Hoping her best friend would back her up Ronnie looks over to him with her brows arched silently asking him to tell her brother that he agreed with her.

"Not true. Fury had an undercover agent living next door to me posing as a nurse the whole time." Mild annoyance aside Ronnie knew Steve was still salty about that fact. He had briefly been into her until he found out she had been lying to him the whole time. Ronnie hadn't been thrilled with the woman they now knew as former Agent Sharon Carter when she met her. She always seemed fake to Ronnie, but Steve was her best friend and she was trying to be supportive. Going so far as to encourage him to ask her out for at least a coffee or something so she couldn't be too upset when he'd dropped any interest in the blonde after the whole SHIELD/Hydra fallout.

Grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge he turned to her and her brother with a shrug not catching onto her silent communication. Notably widening her eyes to get him on the same page Ronnie knew her best friend would be on her side if he stopped being such an oblivious man. However he held his hands up and told her he didn't want to get involved in their sibling spat. "Coward!" Ronnie yelled after him as he beat a hasty retreat towards the gym.

He yelled back with a laugh over his shoulder. "Yep!"

Looking back at her brother, Ronnie could see the glint in Tony's eye. Stabbing a finger in his direction she growled out, "Don't even think about it, Anthony Edward Stark! If I find out you've planted any agents within a mile of my house I'll take them and you out."

"Okay, fine." Raising his hands in surrender at the growing fire in her eyes Tony decides it's time to table this discussion for now and will come back to it at a later date. "You didn't have to full name me, Veronica Maria Stark." When her brown eyes narrow on him he walks closer to her pulling his baby sister into a brief hug. "I'm just trying to look out for my sister and fellow teammate." He speaks over her when Ronnie goes to open her mouth. "Yes, Steve lives with you. But he isn't always at the brownstone. He's also an enhanced super soldier who can take care of himself. You aren't. I just want you safe with us here at the Compound where I'm nearby."

Loving him as much as she did was the only reason she wasn't throat punching him at the moment. Instead Ronnie just glared at Tony until he walked away mumbling about stubborn little sisters. Shaking her head Ron took a deep breath and let it out as she calmed herself back down. He had been at this particular line of brotherly bothersomeness since 2010. If she hadn't caved for the last six years, why did he think now would be any different? Ronnie knew and understood that his concern came from a place of love, but also guilt. He had put so much distance between them for so long before she cut him out, making them lose even more time together making it so that she was ridiculously independant. So really this annoying personality trait was all on him if he wanted to go there she thinks with an amused smirk on her lips as she sips on her tea.