Unexpected confession

🖤We're about to take a turn...🖤

Ronnie's POV

Leading Bucky upstairs Ronnie headed straight for Tony's bedroom taking in the house's more rustic look with a raised eyebrow. Since when did her 'everything has to be updated to within an inch of its life' brother go with rustic? Not complaining at all since it was a nice change of pace she took off the suit's chest piece and opened the bedroom door to reveal a tastefully made up room done in cool blue tones with hints of fiery red. A perfect blending of Pepper and Tony.

"Not that it's any of my business, but what was that down there with Loki?" Bucky asked as soon as the door was shut. Turning to face him with wide eyes Ronnie was shocked by him coming right out the gate, no filter, with that question.

"It's complicated." Setting down the suit she wanted to avoid that part of the situation they now found themselves in completely. He lets out a humorless dry chuckle.

"Yeah, I caught that. Couldn't tell if you guys wanted to punch each other or rip each other's clothes off." Shocked and frankly, getting a little angry at his unwarranted jealous tone she crossed her arms

"You don't know what you're talking about, James. Loki attacked not just New York, but several places in the US and in Europe. Killing several people personally and hundreds of others indirectly. Not to mention he almost killed my brother!" She tried to keep her voice down, but she just got madder and madder the more she spoke.

"Doesn't mean you don't find him attractive." Is all he said with a judgmental frown on his face.

"Wow. I don't even know what to say to that." Shaking her head Ronnie kicked off her heels and pulled her hair up into a bun. "You aren't my boyfriend or my brother so keep your thoughts to yourself."

How dare he act like this after the stunt he pulled earlier. Turn himself in! As if she didn't already have enough to worry about when it came to him and Steve, he wanted to add that to her plate.

"I could be."

Wait, what? He couldn't have said what she thought he said, right? "What did you say?"

"I said I could be your boyfriend." Crossing the room to get closer he said, "There's something here between us. I mean I know you love Steve and all, but who knows what's going on with you two now. I care about you a lot and I know you feel something for me. If you gave me a chance I think we could work." Speechless, Ronnie stood there with her chin practically on the floor.

'I mean he's not wrong about there being something between us', she thinks to herself. But that didn't mean she was ready to move on from Steve to his best friend. Hell, her and Steve hadn't even talked other than about Bucky's press conference and nothing since he left for England.

Holding her hands up like she was pushing away this conversation Ronnie shook her head. "Pump the breaks, Barnes. Not even a two hours ago you were telling me you wanted to turn yourself in, but the moment the god of Mischief flirts with me you wanna get all possessive like you have some kind of claim on me?!"

"Ronnie, I didn't mean it like that. I wanted to talk about what happened in your office, but you had us out of there so fast that you never gave me the chance." Stepping even closer Bucky pleads for her to listen to him now.

"I know what I said, but I was scared for you. I don't want you getting in trouble for me and not just because you're my friend, but because I've fallen for you." The depth of the sincerity in his eyes had her stumbling away from him.

"Bucky, I-" Not able to handle this on top of everything else that was happening she backed away to Tony's closet. "Now is not the time for this discussion. I'm gonna call my brother and see about him sending Happy or someone out with some clothes for us and extra supplies."