Baron Helmut Zemo

Ronnie's POV a few hours later

Waking up to being much too warm had Ronnie confused for a moment as to why until she blinked up at a still sleeping Steve. Felt Bucky's metal arm hanging loosely over the both of them as his warm breath tickled the back of her neck. Last night's conversation came rolling back to her as she lay there wondering how she was going to get the hell out of bed without waking them both. Now don't get her wrong, Ronnie liked that she and Bucky were able to clear up some of yesterday's.. issues. And she had to admit that she hadn't slept better than she had in a long while pressed between him and Steve.

The only problem was that it was always easier to not see the cracks in the dark of night, but in the clear light of day everything went back to being fractured. While things would be better with Bucky, it would still be a little tense around Loki and his insistent wooing of her. As for Steve..that was another matter altogether. He had to know that it wouldn't just be fine when they woke, but it still hurt her heart to know that she would cause him pain when she pulled away from him today.

Being very careful and taking her time Ronnie wiggled down to the end of the bed under the blankets and slipped off of the bed and onto the floor. God, she felt like she was four years old again and she was trying to not wake her parents so she could go eat cocoa puffs as she watched Saturday morning cartoons in the living room.

Huffing out a breath Ronnie grabbed a random white lace bra, socks, a pair of dark blue jeans and her pink Frida Khalo tank top that she hadn't seen in a while from her bag. Amazing what got left behind at the Compound she thinks to herself amusedly.

Tiptoeing to the bathroom Ronnie quickly got dressed before making her way to the bedroom door, grabbing her shoes on the way. Softly closing it behind her, silent as can be, Ronnie stealthily goes downstairs only taking a deep breath once she's made it without waking anyone. That is until she lets out a startled yelp when Loki's sinfully deep morning voice speaks from the kitchen. "Sneaking out so early on your paramores, darling?"

Holding a hand to her chest trying to calm her pounding heart Ronnie glares at the Asgardian with mistrust. "What are you doing down here so early?" She eyes him. He was fully dressed in a black suit except he wasn't wearing his jacket or his tie this morning. Either he had a closet full of identical suits or it was the same one from yesterday.

"It's nearly half past eight in the morning, Veronica. I'm having my breakfast." Holding up his large bowl of cereal he grins at her before going back to his Fruit loops. Rolling her eyes she goes over to pour herself a bowl when JARVIS sends a notification for the alert she'd been waiting for to her phone.

Grabbing her cell phone from her back pocket Ronnie pulls up the alert that informs her who was responsible for Vienna. Baron Helmut Zemo. He was a Colonel of Sakovian intelligence who'd survived, but his family had not, when Ultron had ripped half of the capital from the earth. Clearly he blamed the Avengers for his family's deaths if he was attacking the UN during the Accords signing, but to kill and hurt all those people?

Ronnie understood wanting to get back at the team, but to use Bucky to hurt them, that she didn't get. Why Bucky? Did Zemo have connections to Hydra, was that why he chose him? Why couldn't people just leave the poor man alone damn it all to hell!

"Veronica, what is it?" Loki worriedly asked standing up to come see what had put the angrily confused expression on her face.

"I know who bombed the UN yesterday, but I'm not a hundred percent sure why he posed as Bucky to do it." She shook her head as she continued to read through the files that JARVIS had hacked straight from Secretary Ross' computer. "This man, Zemo, he knows something that would hurt the team, but what could-"