The Fall and The Rise - Part 2

Muzan's POV

What!? I just blinked for a second and I suddenly feel an intense pain in my left arm like it's getting burned inside out. I took a look at my arm and I started trembling. I look behind behind and sees my arm in the pure white snow that is slowly getting stained with my blood. "You... You bastard! What the hell was that!? You cut off my arm like it was nothing! And this pain... No way... No way... NO WAY!!! That bastard... How!? You have a body of a CHILD!!" I screamed at him. The boy turned around and gave me a cold shoulder look.

"That's my answer to your offer, Muzan. I'd rather die by your filthy hands than side with your greed for power and immortality." He responded while doing a stance. This brat... "As you wish, boy. Be grateful, you're spending you're last few hours with me." 

Tanjiro's POV

He snapped his finger and grew 6 whip-like protrusions from his back as his gentleman like clothes remained unchanged. "Let's dance, Muzan." I said as he goes into a stance and charges at me immense speed to the point that the snow he's stepping onto flew the opposite side. I readied up my sword to block his attack and he suddenly appeared in front of me, attacking me with his protrusions. "Sun Breathing Technique: Raging Sun!" (The user unleashes two horizontal slashes to hit or defend from incoming attacks.)

We both jump away from each other as I blocked all of his attack while managing to cut 2 of his protrusions along with on of his arm. I'll have to buy them some more time. With that speed of his, he'll catch up in no time! I thought as I start to charge towards him. "Sun Breathing Technique: Dance!" (The user delivers a single high-powered vertical slash.) 

No One's POV

Tanjiro launches towards Muzan as he backs away, trying to heal his missing arm. He used his protrusions to both block and attack but all 6 of his protrusions got cut and burned as he groans in pain. He regrows his protrusions and attacks me with it but Tanjiro manages to dodge his attacks. 

The fight is taking longer than what Muzan had anticipated. Without either of them backing up, Tanjiro, slowly but surely, is overpowering Muzan with every strike. The moon is at its highest peak. The snowy covered battlefield they've been battling in has a scorch marks everywhere with puddles of water due to the intense heat Tanjiro is emitting along with his breath style as the snow continues to fall. Both of them wants to end it right there and then but something came up for Muzan.

Muzan's POV

When will this brat stop pursuing me!? I thought as I started to struggle from his attacks. I have regenerated all four of my limbs at least twice and my protrusions too many times that I've lost count. This brat... Is he a reincarnation of that bastard..? I do know that his breath style is passed down generation to generation but... How come is he this strong!? Suddenly, Nakime telepathically spoke to me. My Lord, I have urgent news.

What is it and make it quick! If this is not as important as finding the Blue Spider Lily, I'll make short work of you. I coldly replied to her as I continue to fight.

My Lord, this information is about the current whereabouts of the Kamado Family. She replied.

After I heard this from Nakime, I immediately released a shockwave to create the distance between us as he jumps back. After that, I started laughing like a maniac. Ready to teleport them behind me.

Yes, My Lord. She replied.

"Kukuku... Tanjiro Kamado, right?" I asked him. "I'll forgive you for your rudeness some time ago after you severed my arm off. I'll give you another chance to choose. Become a demon and be mine or..." I stop as I give him a smile and stretched out my arm. "Die along with your family..." I continued, giving me a confused face while tilting his head.

No One's POV

Why is he still asking me that? I already gave my answer to his offer. And now he's taking about my family... I don't like where this is heading. Tanjiro thought to himself as Muzan stops attacking. "Why did you mention my family? They probably are past the village by now, getting help from other demon slayers. And soon, the strongest slayers will come here and kill you. It's okay for me to die here, buying time for them to beat you." Tanjiro replied, not lowering his guard in case Muzan tries to distract him.

"Oh? Have you fought other demons before? I doubt you have by how you fight. Don't you know that the demons I create defies the laws of physics itself. Who says I or some other demon, maybe one of the Twelve Demon Moons has that exact ability, hmm? Muzan uttered, earning a shock face from Tanjiro.

"No way..." He mumbled. "No way I'm letting them get caught in OUR fight, Muzan!!" He charges as his katana starts to be engulfed in flames, putting it near his chest. "Sun Breathing Technique: Sunflower Thrust!" (The user unleashes a single thrust attack with the point of the blade.)

"Nakime! Do it! NOW!" Muzan shouted as Tanjiro is inches away from Muzan.

Then they both heard a biwa being played and Tanjiro stops his assault and retreats a few meters away. A tatami door suddenly pops out of nowhere behind Muzan and a bunch of people screaming as they fall and landing onto the battlefield full of scorch marks. 

"Kaa-san, Takeo, Hanako, Shigeru, Rokuta!" Nezuko shouted in a hurry and with worried tone. "Are you all okay? Why was there a door underneath us!? It also suddenly opened!" Nezuko yelled. We were with a bunch of demon slayers a while ago. Was there a demon? They didn't sense any and even if my sense of scent is not as sharp as Onii-chan, I can still at least smell if there is something dangerous or not nearby. She thought, immediately sniffing the air and smelled the scent his brother Tanjiro along with a demon. She looks at the demon and sees  that it has whip-like protrusions coming out of his back while wearing a fedora. "Nii-chan..." She mumbled. "Everyone! Get up! It's Muzan! Let's go before-" She got interrupted by the cries and screams of her younger siblings as they saw a monster fighting their older brother.

A petrified Tanjiro, shocked that his family that he tried to protect suddenly pops out of a tatami door, stood before Muzan, giving him the opportunity to heal all his severed limbs and protrusions. Muzan saw this as another opportunity for him so he turns his back and walks towards the terrified family.

Tanjiro, suddenly driven by his emotions, charged headfirst as fast as he can while shouting at Muzan. "Don't you dare lay a finger on them! Sun Breathing Technique: Sunflower Thru-" He couldn't finish his technique with his sword only being half engulfed by flames and half the temperature he was emitting before. He feels a sharp, unbearable pain in his chest. He looks down at his chest and sees his own heart being held by a pale hand with long, sharp blue-ish like nails. He slowly looks behind and sees the madman himself, smiling like a maniac as Muzan pulls out his right arm with his heart, crushing it as soon as it got pulled out, Kakashi Style.

 He slowly looks behind and sees the madman himself, smiling like a maniac as Muzan pulls out his right arm with his heart, crushing it as soon as it got pulled out, Kakashi Style

TBC