The Flower Hashira

Kanae's POV

I, Kanae Kocho, The Flower Hashira is now besides Nezuko's unconscious body on the snow. I took a glance at Tanjiro and Giyuu, who has his sword on Tanjiro's neck. I smiled worriedly towards the demons before turning back to her sister. So... This is the demon's sister huh..? Nezuko... I thought to myself. Hmmm..? No wounds... scars... scratches... demon bite marks... And a small amount of blood around her... Ahhh!!! Has he perhaps haven't tried to eat her? ... Maybe we can be friends with him! He hasn't tried to kill Giyuu-san a while ago and I can clearly see that he was going easy on him. I'll tell this to Oyakata-sama later along with the other Hashiras. This can be very good or very bad for us.

I went to grab a wooden box hidden in my uniform and laid on the snow as I open it. Inside was some basic medical supplies along with a syringe and on top of it were a bunch of liquids in small bottles, varying from their colors with all of the same amount. I took a white cloth and started to wipe the blood of off her. Hmmm... This smell came from a human but... she clearly has no wounds. Has she gotten into a fight? Or is it his brother's blood? I can't think of anything right now so maybe I'll just ask her when she's awake. I am the current head of the Butterfly Estate so for now, focus on her and nothing else. I thought to myself as I continue to focus on Nezuko.

No One's POV

While Kanae is working on Nezuko, Tanjiro and Giyuu are a couple of meters away from them. Tanjiro stared at the other Hashira with worried look on his face while Giyuu has his katana, the sharp edge part, on Tanjiro's neck, making it bleed a little. He then turns to his side to face Giyuu who still remained emotionless after all this time but breathing a bit heavily due to his exhaustion with their fight. The demon's worried look on his face now stares directly at the Hashira's emotionless face.

Tanjiro's POV

"Please... Don't hurt her... I'll do anything and I mean anything to keep her from harm's way. All I wanted was to protect her and my family but... I've already failed to protect my family and... my sister has seen all of what HE did to our family... She couldn't comprehend what was happening right in front of her that she just collapsed there and then... I just want to take care of her." I told him as I started to get teary.

I look down while Giyuu, who was in front of me, does nothing but stare at me. He then finally says something to me. "My job is to slay demons. Needless to say, I'm going to decapitate you to ensure that your sister is safe and I know for a fact that it's better for humans to take care of other humans." He then raises his katana, ready to behead me in one full swing.

"Wait! I didn't kill anyone, much less tried to do it! You can see from my own sister that she has nothing on her that could prove that I didn't do anything to her." I begged as I started to cry right in front of him. "Please... Don't take anyone away from me anymore..."

No One's POV

Shocked by what he saw, Giyuu began to hesitate if he should kill the demon right in front of him. This was the first time someone, much less a demon, cried before him. His hand that has his katana started to shake as an image begins to appear beside him. As the image slowly forms, flashes of other images came to him. But before the image beside Tanjiro revealed itself, he shook his head, composed himself, took a deep breath and turned back to his old emotionless face, stopping his hand from shaking. 

I don't know how I got driven by this but... I need more training. I can't believe I almost got swayed by this demon. Tch... This demon is definitely dangerous. It's better for me not to hold back on killing this guy. Giyuu thought to himself with regret, seeing that he almost got swept away by Tanjiro's speech. He strengthen his resolve and began to swing at him but he stopped an inch away from his neck as the demon in front of him stopped crying and jolted his head up. He began looking around and around, not paying attention at the sword right on his neck, which confused the Water Hashira and then he felt it. An ominous presence was felt by Giyuu as he, too, starts to look around. He immediately puts his katana on his chest, forming a stance while looking for the presence and Tanjiro.

They both stare at Kanae and Nezuko at the distance for a while and realized that the presence came from their direction. Their eyes were peeled towards them but none of them tried to move because they think that if either of them move, they might miss the chance of killing the demon who had the ominous presence. They waited for a while until something happened a few feet away from the the two they are watching. A weird figure that was almost transparent has appeared and only Tanjiro was able to see and sense him due to him being a demon and due to him having a sharp sense of smell, while Giyuu on the other hand didn't see anything but was still on his guard as the presence he was feeling started to vanish as it was getting thinner for him.

The demon then appeared mid-jump and headed towards Kanae, who was busy examining and thinking about Nezuko. Giyuu, seeing the demon suddenly appear, shouted at Kanae as fast and as loud as he can. "KOCHO!!! Behind you!" Kanae snaps out of what she was doing, heeds Giyuu's warning and turns around while trying to reach for her sword but it was too late. The demon's tanto (A Japanese short sword) was a few inches away from piercing Kanae's eyes as she widens her eyes, seeing that it was too late for her. Giyuu tried to run towards her but was also too late and fell on one knee due to exhaustion.

All that Kanae could do was shriek.

TBC

Sorry for the cliff hanger! And don't worry, the next part will be coming, either later or tomorrow but still depends on me. Thank you again for reading my book! It already reached 1k overall!!!