Lady Tamayo and Yushiro

Tanjiro's POV

I was couldn't believe with my own eyes and nose. Those two are clearly demons yet I don't feel any hostility or bloodlust from them. I want to talk to them about it. I thought to myself, staring intently at the two who are also staring at me. I snapped out of my thought and took a glance at Kanao. She was calm on the outside but I saw for a split second that she got confused and shocked at what I said to her. I patted her at the back, signalling her to come with me and we confronted the two as the boy stood in front of the lady. She also has one of her hand on the handle of her katana behind her white cloak.

"What do you two want? You were suspiciously staring at us and continued to stare even though we were looking at you." The boy blatantly said with anger in his voice while trying to stay calm and not attract attention from the people around us.

"I'm sorry for looking directly at the two of you. I just thought the two of you resemble someone I know. Is it possible for the four of us to talk privately?" I politely asked them, wanting to satisfy my own curiosity about them.

"Hah?! Why the hell would we even go with strangers like you-" We were denied and rejected by the boy but was stopped by the lady behind him.

"Yushiro! Mind your language!" She quickly uttered.

"YES I WILL TAMAYO-SAMA!" He shouted, bowing 90 degrees at her, attracting a few attention.

"And, let them talk to us. I don't know why but I feel like we are related somehow." She gently told us as the boys face of anger turned to a gentle yet stern face, letting out a sigh.

"Then let's meet up by the park. We still have some personal things to take care off so if you want to talk let's do it there." Yushiro said. Me and Kanao agreed to what they said as we headed over to the park. The park was apparently where we ate our udon so we knew the way there. It was then when Kanao asked me about the two of them. 

"Tanjiro... You said that those two were demons... How come you wanted to talk to them? More so in private. Can you tell me why?" She asked me, looking slightly confused and concerned. She released her grip from her katana as soon as we parted ways with them.

I hesitated for a bit but eventually gave in. "Remember when I told you that they were demons with no hostility?" She nodded lightly. "Well, that was what their scent smelled like. No intent to kill and no bloodlust coming out of them despite being surrounded by a whole crowd of humans. There was even a very small scent of human blood coming from the both of them. I wasn't sure if they were being cautious because of the amount of people here but after our short talk, I feel like they are closer to humans than demons." I continued, making her understand what I thought about them.

Silence lingered around us for a few seconds with her breaking it. "I think we should report this to Oyakata-sama. I don't know how well the other Hashiras will take this but having a demon could help us get more information about the Demon King." She suggested, making me put my hand on my chin.

"It's better if we do it after our private conversation. You still have some questions you want to be answered to be sure, right?" I looked at Kanao as she nods and agrees with my idea.

No One's POV

After a few minutes, they managed to arrive in the park and only waited for a little while until Tamayo and Yushiro found them. Yushiro was glaring at us but Tanjiro and Kanao payed him no attention as Tamayo greets them.

"Sorry for the delay, let us introduce ourselves to you. I'm Tamayo, a doctor, and this is my assistant, Yushiro." She said, bowing slightly towards them Yushiro continued his glare. Only for it to be stopped with a side glance by Tamayo and he bowed slightly like Tamayo did.

"Good evening, Tamayo-san, Yushiro-san. I am Tanjiro and she is Kanao. Sorry for disturbing you in your personal matters but is it okay if we were to have a private conversation? Just us four?" Tanjiro asked them sincerely, with a smile. 

The two demons were taken aback by what the two demon slayers said and their eyes wide-eyed a bit. Both demons knew what it meant or so they thought. Tamayo decided to stay quiet until they made their move while Yushiro tried to get a paper talisman from his back but was unable to move entirely, shocking the two demons, although Tamayo stayed calm. Yushiro tried to voice it out but still couldn't move his mouth or anything else in his body. He looked in front just to see the two demon slayers still in the same position and have the same face as before. Yushiro used his paper talisman that is invisible on his forehead, which allowed him to peer through the eyes of another living thing. Caws from crows were heard around them as he used his Blood Demon Arts to create a paper talisman that lets him look through their eyes. Once he did, he saw at a shocking sight that made him release his paper talisman ability. He saw a skeleton-like whip coming from the ground with dozens of hooks coming out from it and each one of them are all attached to his whole body, from his legs, arms, back and even the neck. He concluded that he was temporarily paralyzed from head to toe. He took a look again through the crow and saw that Tamayo's back doesn't have the skeleton-like ship, which made him relieved. He wanted to voice it out but it still failed like last time.

"I know it's a little sudden but please consider it." Tanjiro added. "Kanao, can you close your eyes for a bit? I promise I'll tell you soon about it." He looked at her with his gentle eyes. It somehow forced Kanao to do it as she nods. Once she did, Tanjiro looks at the two and closed his right eye. He opened his closed eye, only to reveal his blood red demon eye. His left eye showed them his human eye which is wide, dark red eyes with white pupils that appear lighter around the lower section of his irises while his right eye showed them his demon eye which has a slit, blood red pupil as small veins come out from the pupil that spread halfway and its iris was crimson red in colour. This made the two surprised entirely because throughout their lives, their is no one like Tanjiro. "I'd like to talk about this... condition of mine." He said, reverting his eyes back and allowing Yushiro to move freely again. "I'm sorry Yushiro-san but I really want to talk to Tamayo-san about it. and you can open your eyes now Kanao." Kanao opened her eyes, only for her to see a gentle and caring face in front of her as she turns her head away, blushing rosy pink. Yushiro replied with a sigh as she looks at Tamayo, waiting for her response. 

"I see, I understand, Tanjiro. But will it be okay for her to know it too?" Tamayo responded, looking concerned for what Kanao might do once she knows.

"Don't worry Tamayo-san, I'll handle it." Tanjiro assured them. With that said, they escorted them to their hidden clinic/house. I really hope that she would accept me even if I'm a demon. This is really nerve-wracking. Tanjiro thought to himself.

TBC