Master of Water

No One's POV

A man with a red tengu mask with a white cloud patterned blue kimono suddenly appeared behind Tanjiro before they stood where they are now. The man with a blue Nichirin Blade is now facing the demon, who was recalling the skeletal tails that was behind him.

The man was confused and amazed by what he saw, even though Tanjiro couldn't see but could smell his confusion. Tanjiro remembered what Giyuu said to him, which was the only choice for him to see Nezuko again. Tanjiro then sheaths his katana at his side and walks slowly to the man. The confused man took a stance as Tanjiro approaches him slowly from the temple.

Sakonji's POV

"Urokodaki-san! I am Tanjiro Kamado, a demon like the one I just killed but I don't kill any humans. Please don't kill me because I have an important message from a Hashira named Giyuu Tomioka. He said that if I want to see my sister again, I must become a full fledged Demon Slayer and to become one I must be trained by a strong Demon Slayer that is acknowledged by the corps." My eyes widen as soon as I heard those words from him and he soon bows at me, shouting. "Please make me your apprentice! I will kill any demons in my way and prove to you that I am a demon to be trusted!"

I was speechless by what he just told me. Despite him being a demon, he hasn't killed any humans according to his scent and he just proved to me that he kills demons, who just killed the humans inside the temple. Is he telling the truth? What is this scent? His kindness is overflowing from his own body. Giyuu, you may have presented me a chance for us humans to defeat the King of Demons.

Forgive my abruptness, Mr. Sakonji Urokodaki. 

I'm sending a boy, who is a demon, your way who wants to become a Demon Slayer swordsman. He has overpowered me with just his raw strength and skills as a demon but I see that his skills as a human is like a well-trained Tsuguko. His family was slaughtered by a demon, his surviving younger sister is still a human with us at the Demon Slayer HQ while he became a demon himself. I also have determined that he will not attack humans by saving a Hashira who was with me when we first met them. I can sense and see something different about these two. Like yourself, the boy seems to have a keen sense of smell. Perhaps he'll find a way to break through and become your heir apparent. I am asking you to further train him and further enhance and polish his skills. I realize that this is a self-serving request, but please forgive me. I hope that you will take good care of yourself in your endeavours.

Yours truly, Giyuu Tomioka.

This was the message Giyuu gave to me before I met this demon right in front of me. At first, I thought that Giyuu was going insane. Saying that a demon saved a human, no less a Hashira from being killed by another demon. But he is my student and I shall trust in my student like how he trusts me in training this boy. After all, he was right about this boy being a demon who kills his own kind and my nose hasn't failed me when it comes to the scent people give off.

"Raise your head, Tanjiro Kamado." I told him as I sheath my sword and he looks up at me with a surprised expression. "As you said so yourself, you are Tanjiro Kamado, the demon sent by Giyuu Tomioka. Am I right?"

"Y-Yes! I want to become a Demon Slayer no only to find my sister Nezuko but to also end the life of Kibutsuji Muzan. The man behind the slaughter of my whole family and the reason I became a demon." He yelled at my face as the scent I'm picking up from him changes. There is regret and sadness in him along with anger towards the King of Demons. He slowly tears up, maybe remembering how Muzan killed his family and turned him into a demon.

I contained my emotions because of what he said again. He survived an encounter with Muzan, although with a price. He really will be a great asset to the Demon Slayer Corps. "I need you to pass a test first before I can fully take you as my apprentice. I already have faith in you that you won't harm any humans."

"Yes, Urokodaki-san." He replied to me.

"Now put on your mask and help me bury these bodies. Despite them going through a lot of pain, we need to give them a proper burial and respect." I told him while he gives me a warm smile and puts on the mask.

After we put the buried the bodies and gave them a prayer, I told Tanjiro to follow me to my house. As we were heading to his place, Tanjiro speaks up and admits that for an old man like me, I was certainly fast. I replied to him with chuckle. The sun was at its peak and we've been through rice fields after rice fields and finally through a forest, where my house lies. We arrived at the time where the sun is almost at the horizon.

Tanjiro was panting lightly because despite his former training from his father, the temple and my house were very far apart unlike the place where he used to train. We entered the house and I asked him what he already learned from his previous training. He told me everything he learned from his father and what he was learning about his demon self. From his skills, to his swordsmanship to his breathing patterns.

"I'm amazed that you're this young and you're almost like areal Demon Slayer. The only thing missing is that you need to pass the Final Selection before becoming one. Also, you have a unique breathing pattern almost like it's a new breathing technique. Can you perhaps tell me about that breath style you are using? I haven't seen you use it when you fought the demon at the temple before." I said to him.

"Um... Sure I guess. Tou-san never told me to keep it a secret anyway even if it's a family tradition to pass it to the eldest son of the family along with these hanafuda earrings." He replied while pointing at his earrings.

"Interesting..." I trailed off.

"So my breath style that I use is the Breath of the Sun Style. This is a Breath Style that mimics the sun and replicates it with the user's movements, techniques and abilities. All techniques and forms are extremely varied and have no set pattern, making it the most versatile and effective against Demons. According to Tou-san, he also said that this Breath Style has the ability to hamper or even stop the regeneration of demons for a certain amount of time. I also just learned that my Blood Demon Arts: Skeletal Alteration can use it too a few days ago." He continued while I get curious of what else he knows.

"Will you also let me know what's this Blood Demon Arts of yours?" I questioned him with curiosity and caution, in case he gets out of control. He takes a deep breath and nods at me.

"Yes Urokodaki-san. My Blood Demon Arts: Skeletal Alteration is the ability for me to recreate and duplicate my bones and shapeshift it into anything I want. Normally, when I activate it, four separate skeletal tails form from the end of my spine downwards. Each tail has a sharp blades on the end of it that can rival the sharpness and lethality of a katana. As I said before, it can use my Breath of the Sun Style, which is really convenient."

"I see..." I trailed off as I start to recap and remember all of his skills and strengths as both a human and a demon. "Is it okay for you to take the test later this midnight?" I asked him while I thought of the things and traps I'll be doing and creating to see what he really is made of.

"If I take the test and pass, will that make me your apprentice?" He asked with stars in his eyes and excitement all over his face and scent as his face was next to mine. I guess his personality from a human is still intact even after becoming a demon.

"Of course!" I told him firmly as he starts weeping in tears while mumbling that he can see his sister again after proving his worth.

TBC

Look I know this is late as hell and it's almost been a week since I've posted a chapter but I'll try to make it up to you guys. I have been busy in school nowadays but don't worry, I can still type some parts of the chapter while in school. Don't copy me or you'll get caught and be questioned on things you weren't listening okay?

Anyways, next chapter is coming tomorrow and thank you again for all your support! Sorry if I'm missing your comments most of the time but I'll reply to them as much as I can.