Lower Moon 4

No One's POV

"I am Lower Moon 4, Mukago. Hmmm... I don't think I consider this as bad luck since you are a monster that has given scars to our mighty master but it's not good luck either since our lord told us to be extremely cautious of you. Either way, I need to kill you not only for our master but also to stop you from interfering with my plans here in Mt. Fujikasane." She said while smiling like a madman.

"I knew something was wrong when a strong demon scent was in the air. You are by far the strongest demon in this mountain and you have the some same scent with Lower Moon 3 so I figured that it's someone close to him. But to think that I have to fight a Demon Moon again, moreover it's Lower Moon 4." He told her as he unsheathes his katana. "What are your plans here, Mukago? It's almost impossible for a demon to be able penetrate through the Wisteria around the whole mountain. Could it possibly that members of the Kizuki have a small resistance to the flower or could it be your Demon Blood Arts?"

She grinned at Tanjiro as the dead trees around us encircled us with its branches. "Let's just say, my Demon Blood Arts revolves around with the environment. See the dead tree branches? I made a little cage for you but I know it won't hold you for even a second if you get serious. It's just to show you one of my skills."

Tanjiro clicked his tongue because he won't be able to use his Blood Demon Arts, not that he needed it but because of the risk of getting spotted by other Demon Slayer Participants. He is also on a hurry since another scent of her was also at the west side of the Mt. Fujikasane and some loud screams are heard coming from that direction. He wanted to help them but he was too busy with Mukago who was still in front of him.

Tanjiro's POV

Tch... To think that I had to deal with one of the Lower Moons here. But their motive seems to stop me wherever I am near one of them rather than finding me and stopping me. I just hope that I'm ready for the high ranking ones. I sighed at the thought as I readied a stance.

"Sorry Fox King or Demon Fox or whatever alias the others give you, but I have to keep an eye on you or else I won't be able to keep up." She said as she waved her hands towards me, making 5 tree roots attack me like how my own Blood Arts work. 

As those roots tries to attack me, I evaded all of it while trying to learn her attack patterns to counter her. Meanwhile, she readied for a back attack while I am occupied on what's in front of me. A few minutes flew by and Mukago finally saw an opening, attacking my rear. I ducked down as low as I have to for both attack to collide with each other, destroying some roots and others being knotted. A click from Mukago was heard and I stood up at the side as my father's sword went in flames. Seeing this, Mukago panicked and launch a barrage of tree roots and launched a few flying body-sized rocks at me.

"Go on and try to overcome this, you Fox Demon!" she yelled.

"Sorry but I need to be somewhere right now. Sun Breathing Technique: Burning Bones, Summer Sun!" (The user unleashes a large circular slash that defends from imminent frontal attacks.) With this, I burned all of the incoming attacks and disappeared as I was trying to rush in on her.

"Where did you disappear to, you bastard!?" She asked as I appeared in front of her. "What the-!?" That was the last thing she said as her head comes flying off from her body with a clean cut from Tanjiro.

The head falls to the ground and it soon starts to turn into ash but her face turned into a menacing expression, smiling like nothing happened to her. Her grin slowly turns into laughter, just like a maniac. I just sighed at her, thinking that she has gotten too low for me to reason with.

"You do know that I know that you were some kind of fake ever since we met, right?" This took her by surprise. "Your fake self does not have a strong scent but a weaker one because your scent was at the west side of Mt. Fujikasane, meaning you were trying to buy time to whatever you are trying to do here." I stated as her face came with disbelief.

Her head fully disintegrated into ash and the half of her body turned into tree roots and attached itself on the ground. Her head regrew from her neck and stood tall while still having half of her body attached to the ground as a tree root.

"Tch! Blast that nose already, you bastard! You found out half of my plans because of that scent thingy! Are you a damn dog or something!? You're nothing but trouble!" She blasted me with those words but I somehow only find it as an annoyance. Maybe because I've already been scolded by Urokodaki-san. Sorry Urokodaki-san. She disappeared into the ground and went off to the west, where my next destination will be at. Then again, I'm still stuck in between the trees.

"I'll just have to make quick work of this. I'll moderate the flames so that it won't affect the other trees." I said to myself. Sun Breathing Technique: Clear Blue Sky! I spun my body horizontally that delivered a 360° slash, cutting all of the trunks and branches of the dead trees that surrounded me and burning half of it to make a clearing.

"Now that's over with, I need to go to the west before all of the other participants die because of Mukago's plan." I told myself as I start running the other side of the mountain.

Meanwhile...

???'s POV

What am I doing..? I should've used my coin to make decision but... The other participants forced me to fight with them. What would Kanae-neesama and Shinobu-neesama..? Nezuko and Kanzaki told me to help anyone in need like the others do... Should I do it? I need my coin to decide. I thought to myself as I snapped out of y thought to block and kill the demon after me.

"Ahhh... The plan of killing all Demon Slayers in the Final Selection is on the go! I bought enough time from that brat of a dog but he might be able keep up, I'll worry about it later. I was lucky My Lord gave me the permission to do this. It's either that or I go back to that torture room. I must make this successful if I want to stay and even get past the rest of the Twelve Kizuki. Now go, you hungry demons! And tear them all apart!" The Lower Moon 4 said as the demons banded together and started fighting against the participants.

TBC