Fox King

???'s POV

Where is he!? He just suddenly vanished mid-dash towards the village and I thought I was able to keep up but he was too fast for me. Sigh... I guess I need more training on the way if I want to continue recording information about this infamous Fox King. I thought to myself as I hop silently one the canopy of each house in the Village of Eru. I stop at the top of the roof of a mansion, taking a small break as I regain my composure. This is the direction of where the Fox King is heading. Where is it? For a demon to pass all these humans at night... Does he not have a stomach of an average demon?

As I was searching the middle part of the city, I felt a small breeze from behind me and faced the outskirt of the village. "No clouds on this starry night so there must be something happening there." I told myself, looking up at the night sky and then faced the direction of where the breeze came from. "I'll check it out." I left immediately and after a few minutes, I finally saw the demon in question and... A man with a red tengu mask?

I immediately ducked down for them not to see me. I'll hide here so that I can still observe the fox King and that man. I thought to myself as the man starts talking.

Fox King's POV

The man with a tengu mask revealed himself from the shadows. "It's nice to meet you, Kitsune-Osama." The man stood tall, wearing black jinbei kimono that has a red coloured cloud with a white outline. The man has no weapons so he won't kill me but he can still injure me if he knows how fight with his fists. And with that, he went into a stance with his fist clenched.

Wait... I sense two people... Him and... someone nearby... At the roof..? The person's probably watching me. I'll think about it later. I thought to myself as the Tengu opens his mouth to speak.

"Come at me, Kitsune-Osama. I want to know if you have the will and strength to overcome a hurdle such as me." He gave opened his fist and taunted me. Seeing that he has no weapons and that I will still need to defeat Urokodaki-san later on, I'll fight with my fists and fist alone so that it will serve as practice spar.

"I, the Fox King, will come at you and not use any of my four tails in this fight." I said to him as I also go into a stance and prepared for the fight.

No One's POV (I have no idea where this is going and honestly I can't think of any other idea for a practical test)

The fight did not start for a few minutes since the two were trying to read the opponents move. They finally started to move but they ran towards the forests while looking at each other. The mysterious woman followed them through the tree tops and continued to observe the two. Like most close combat fights, they start with a kick that created a gust of wind around them due to their power but both of them came back after a few seconds.

The Tengu charged in at the Fox King being on the defense. Every punch and kick were able to be countered safely by the Fox King, tiring the Tengu as it backs off. The Fox King used this opportunity to kick him at his side. Even though he successfully defended the attack, he was still pushed because of the force of it. The Fox King continued with a barrage of punch and kicks as he defended it all but leaving him tired, not the Fox King.

The two kept on fighting for an hour straight until it came to a halt. The Fox King laid back as he began to charge at the Tengu with full force. He made an evasive maneuver that made the Fox King miss his target and with him stepping aside, he was on course of a big boulder with a rope in the middle of it. The Tengu planned this as he jumps back to see what would happen next. He knows that this was so that demon slayers under his guidance will be strong enough to fend off most demons except the Twelve Kizuki by cutting the boulder. A big gust of wind was generated as the Fox King hits the boulder with his fist. After a few seconds, the Tengu heard a grunt and breaking sounds from his left, thinking that it was the Fox King.

With the wind dying down, he saw not a boulder but small rocks in pieces with a rope encircling all the broken pieces. He glanced at his left and saw him, lying there unconscious, with a few broken tree trunks here and there. The Tengu was impressed by this because someone who uses mainly a sword in combat has the capability of not only devastate a boulder as big as an average house but also managing to have extra energy and strength for him to crash onto the trees. Sure it won't be helpful since Nichirin Swords, Wisteria and the Sun are the only weaknesses of demons but having it embedded as one of your offense is still good.

Under his mask, he made a smile as he mumbles. "You're finally prepared, Kitsune-Osama. My apprentice... You have passed by last trial as your Master. I hope that you'll pass the Final Selection, defeat all the Twelve Kizuki and soon defeat the King of Demons himself, Kibutsuji Muzan." He silently went towards the Tanjiro as he carefully carries him on his back and returns to his house. Meanwhile, a certain woman in the tree tops is still shocked by what happened and what she saw.

Woman's POV

What the heck was going on there!?!? His power is beyond what I expected! His stamina, endurance and close combat prowess is abnormal too. He isn't even using his sword nor his Blood Demon Arts! He is a demon, that's a fact but for him to have this much power... He has to be one of Muzan's servants or the Twelve Kizuki but... I have to collect more information regarding this. He went over a village of people and not one of them were crying for help, meaning that he didn't touch them to say the least. I'll follow the man with a tengu mask and learn more about him and this Fox King. I thought to myself as I went through the tree tops while I follow the two.

TBC

A/N: Sorry for having a weekly update. Schools been keeping me busy for far too long. Hope you guys are doing great and thank you all again for your support on my book!!! As a compensation, have three chapters.