Sabito and Makomo

No One's POV

After the fight between the mysterious duo and Tanjiro, Tanjiro bandaged the two of them and carried them towards Sakonji's place. He was interested in the mask and how they knew that he was a demon despite not giving off the smell nor presence of a demon but a human instead. More questions popped out and it kept him busy until he reached Sakonji's place.

Tanjiro's POV

I finally made it huh? If I want answers, I better get these two healed up then ask Urokodaki-san if he made the masks. I look up at the house of Urokodaki-san and saw a trail of smoke leaving the top part of the house, meaning that he's cooking inside. I opened the door with an extra skeletal arm of mine and saw Urokodaki-san meditating while waiting for the water to boil.

"Sorry for disturbing your meditation, Urokodaki-san. I'm back." I softly said to him as he face with his red tengu mask.

"Welcome back Tanjiro and also..." He trailed off and he pointed at the two people I have.

"Urokodaki-san, do you perhaps know these two slayers? Their mask give off the same scent as you have meaning that you have done something to their masks right?" I asked as I put the two kids down on the other room with each of them being on a futon.

"So how was them. Tanjiro? How did it go? Did they barely scratch you? If they did, it's either you were way too distracted or relax when you were fighting them." He asked me as I close the door of the back room where they were sleeping in.

"Yeah Urokodaki-san! They were fast but I think that they became slower when I focus enough. They never scratched me but it was a bit of challenge since it was a 2v1 and they were in sync with each other too. They are probably the best duo out of the Demon Slayers I've met, even with the Water Hashira and Flower Hashira back then." I responded to him.

"So you have good impression of them even though you just met them? Are you sure you don't want to know more about them than basing on their first impression towards you?"

"Well, I do want to know more about them in addition to why I was attacked by them. After all, they also have the same form like the one you taught me."

"Ho ho! So you already know that they were my disciples huh? Your insight is getting better and better, Tanjiro." He commended me. "It'd be better to wait for them to wake up before I could tell you anything about them. All I can say is that they are one of my most talented disciples I had along with the current Water Hashira. I also want to know how you did against them." I simply gave him a nod and left outside to do some training while he went to the back and checked on their health.

*Time Skip: Night Fall*

No One's POV

"Ha... that really was good training regime. I have to thank Urokodaki-san for helping me with my regime. But still, I think I'm at my limit even as a demon. Anyway, I think I'll check on those two first. Wait... I never even asked for their names, even with  Urokodaki-san." Tanjiro sighed at the thought and just walked over to the door. As soon as he was there, he smelled a delicious aroma from inside. He immediately opened the door and saw him serving four bowls of miso soup and a small plate with two kelp rice balls each.

 He immediately opened the door and saw him serving four bowls of miso soup and a small plate with two kelp rice balls each

"Come one Tanjiro, sit here. The two are just about to wake up from their rest." Sakonji said while continuing to prepare their food. 

"I understand Urokodaki-san." He said to him as he sit down on a side of the fireplace in the middle of his home. After he finished preparing everything and serving everything, he sat down quietly and waited patiently for two other people to leave the back room.

"Urokodaki-san, we're done." They both said as they were wearing their clothes like back then before the fight started. They then faced Tanjiro and gave him a small nod along with a thank you, which gave me the reflex of asking their names and stood up.

"Ummm... Hello there you two. I am Tanjiro Kamado, the demon student of Urokodaki-san and as you said before, the name given to me by the rumours, Fox Demon." He smiled at them as the girl smiled back at him while the boy just nodded.

The girl then spoke up as she sat down in front of Sakonji. "Konnichiwa, Tanjiro-san. I am Makomo, also a student of Urokodaki-san. And he is Sabito, who is the same as me. We're friends with Tomioka Giyuu, the current Water Hashira."

"So did you two and Tomioka-san train under Urokodaki-san at the same time?" He asked, intrigued about being a friend of the Water Hashira.

"Yeah, we were scouted by Urokodaki-san and we became his disciples sooner or later."

"Wow... You must be very strong than your average girl, right?"

She was about to speak but was interrupted by Sabito, who was just watching. "She is and very agile. Despite not having that much strength, she can run almost being able to catch up with a Hashira. She can outrun you and would still be running."

"Yep! I can guarantee what he said, Tanjiro-san. But still... It's really like a dream sitting beside a demon and yet said demon is showing no hostility but hospitality and respect. You really are different that them." She said as she looks at Tanjiro, making him blush in embarrassment. "See Sabito. I told you that you should've believed Urokodaki-san." She continued with her facing him.

Sabito sighed. "Sorry but I can't believe everything unless I see the truth like Urokodaki-san does. Seeing is believing after all." Makomo pouted and faced away from Sabito. "That being said, Makomo is correct about you being different from normal demons. Addition to that fact, you have no bloodlust towards humans but only on your enemies. I admit that your killing intent and strength is stronger than mine, you might even make the Hashiras flinch if you manage to get through the Final Selection."

"I understand and thank you, Sabito and Makomo." He bowed down towards them as Sabito smiled and Makomo giggled. 

Sakonji then took the lead. "Well, it's time to eat. You kids are still growing after all." After he said, they said their prayer and ate together while talking more about each other.

As they are eating and talking to each other, a certain shadow can be seen in the tree tops among the trees surrounding Sakonji's home. The shadow stayed still the whole time, watching and observing every movement made by the Fox Demon, Tanjiro Kamado. After a while, three Kasugai left the tree tops and left the Mount. Sagiri. The shadow left her original spot and stayed at a newly found spot that overlooks what's happening inside the house.

TBC