Regroup

No One's POV

"I managed to kill another Lower Moon but I still wasn't able to finish her off as quickly as I thought I could. I really need more training at this point." Tanjiro sighed, knowing that it took too long for him to defeat Mukago. "I have other people to protect here because of the appearance of a Lower Moon. I hope the girl in the pink kimono arrived in time and helped the rest of the participants. Oh right... I haven't asked her name yet I just suddenly yelled at her because of the spar of the moment. I'm sorry, Miss. I hope she isn't angry at me for yelling at her." He told himself as he hurries back towards them. He also puts back his mask on after revealing himself to Mukago.

On his way where the demon horde trapped the Demon Slayer participants, he encountered a number of hungry and savage demons but he was able to slash them by their necks. He just realized that the distance of where he and Mukago fought at and the demon horde were farther than expected but none the less, he speed up his pace. Before arriving at the place where they are at, he smelt the scent of blood, both human and demon blood. He unsheathe his sword again as he jumps out of the bush.

Tanjiro's POV

I jumped out of the bushes as I see that the demons that were advancing a while ago are now in disarray. The participants are doing their best to hold out but they have too many non-fatal injuries to keep on fighting. "Everyone! Thanks for holding out for this long. Now let me handle everything. Sun Breathing Technique: Dragon Sun Halo Head Dance!" I told everyone as I move my katana to create a seemingly dragon made of fire, dashing through the demons and severing their heads.

The demons were too focused on my dragon before they could even notice that their heads are flying off one by one. Their heads went up in flames and turned into ash even before it hits the ground. The body follows up as it also turns into ash. I continue on killing off the demons that were trying to kill the other participants with Sun Breathing Technique: Dragon Sun Halo Head Dance and Sun Breathing Technique: Flame Dance. After a few minutes, the demons spread out and left us alone. I returned to the participants, who were still in shock.

"Is everybody all right? Were there any other casualties?" I shouted, breaking the shocked atmosphere caused by my breath style and me killing and fending off the demons. I got nods and 'Thank you' from them and no one talked about the casualties, meaning that there were. When I surveyed the area for the number of people, there were 25 people left, which is half of the overall participants. 

"Everyone, rest until you're feeling better. Those who knows how to do first aid, please help those who are injured. I'll be guarding everyone and those who want to help, you can also help me guard the others. The moon is about set so the sun will rise a little later. We can move by then." After what I said, only at least 5 people stood up and guarded the place with me. 

As I was guarding the perimeter, I saw the girl in the pink kimono and approached her. When I got to her, she was seemingly avoiding me and turning her back against me. Ugh... Does she not want to talk to me after I yelled at her before? I immediately thought but I focused my mind again.

"Uhmm... Hey there again. I know I told you something that you should've considered more than just following some stranger around and I'm sorry for that." I told her although she still continued to avoid me. "Ermm... I'm Tanjiro by the way, Tanjiro Kamado, and I am really sorry for what happened earlier with you." I continued but she stayed quiet. After a few minutes of waiting, I finally gave up and started to leave her alone until I heard her speak, although softly.

"I... I-it's okay." She said. I turned back in surprise because of the sudden turn of events. I just stared at her for a few seconds later, I spoke up again to her. I removed my mask and asked her. 

"Uhmmm

"Uhmmm... Can I ask for your name? You were a great help back then." stayed silent for another few seconds until she brought out what looks like a penny. She flipped the coin, landing on her palm and putting it on top of the back of her hand. It revealed 'HEADS' and she looked at me.

 It revealed 'HEADS' and she looked at me

"My name's Kanao Tsuyuri. Sayonara." That's all she said to me and she ended it with a smile. Even though it was short, I was happy that she actually talked to me again, for the second time. I also noticed that she flipped a coin before answering me. I tried questioning her due to my curiosity but the others suddenly shouted and pointed to the sky, meaning that the sun has risen.

"Well... That was the first day of the Final Selection and the participants' count is already around 20. I already want this to end but a test is a test." I sighed, looking up at the sky. I turned towards her but she was already gone. I tried looking for her but she was nowhere to be seen among the other participants.

I wanted to go after her but I can't smell her scent at all so it's useless to just aimlessly run into a direction where she may not even be there. Just as I was trying to find her scent, I smelled a fading scent but before I could catch on to where it came from, it disappeared. Huh..? *Sniff* *Sniff* It's not here anymore... I can't believe that even your scent can be disappear. I guess my worry doesn't stop after the fight against Lower Moon 4. I thought to myself, looking over the horizon.

SD's (Shadow Dash) POV

Huh..? He just suddenly moved differently but there were no demons among the perimeter. Wait... did he get a glimpse of my scent? He actually got it..! I don't know how he got a tiny bit of my scent but I just have to make sure I never make the same mistake again. I thought to myself, changing positions from tree branch to tree branch.

"Although I was told to watch the Fox Demon, it was assuring that he had to step in before I did when Tsuyuri-sama or else my cover would've been blown. From his entrance, his motive really was protecting her. Even though Tsuyuri-sama doesn't really talk at all, she was able to communicate with him. I'm not going to pry any further." I told myself, smiling a bit. After the Final Selection, I have to report to Amane-sama and the other Hashiras.

TBC