Lower Moon 2 Rokuro

No One's POV

"That fucking dumbass! Charging in without knowing the enemy! Just 'cause he's the fastest out of all of us Lower Moons, doesn't mean that you could always use that to your advantage!" Rokuro snickered at the dead Lower Moon 6. The four of them were still in a stalemate until a thick layer of web separated them, with Tanjiro and Kanao at the other side.

"Let's go now, that definitely won't hold them for long." Rui said, vanishing from the air.

"Tch, why leave me be!?" Rokuro growled at the sky, looking at the web Rui made slowly catch on fire. "Damnit, I need that head of hers or else we'll be killed by HIM too." Rokuro stomped onto the ground, creating a hole and jumps inside of it as the web Rui created was engulfed into flames. Rokuro popped out of the ground with the distance of a kilometer from the hole he went in. "I didn't get my rank for nothing! Blood Demon Arts - Fracture!" Rokuro smashed both his hands on the ground. It shook violently as it creates a long crack, quickly reaching the Demon Slayer pair.

"Up above Kanao!" Tanjiro shouted, leaping on one of the branches and so did Kanao. The attack reached one of the big trees as it split open in the middle. "He would've been more of a threat if Mukago is still alive. Her BDA complements his BDA." 

"Should we split up Tanjiro? The other demon called Rui vanished and left Rokuro all alone. Could this be a trap?" Kanao suggested, making Tanjiro look at her.

"Let's take them one at a time. We have the advantage by number and experience after all." He said, getting a nod from Kanao as they both rushed Rokuro through the trees.

"Tch, bunch of rats. Blood Demon Arts - Ground Burst!" Rokuro yelled as his arms started glowing. His arms were wrapped in a pattern that resembles veins and he then punches the ground. A rocky spike emerged from the ground and more off it emerged following in front of the first one and it started heading in their direction. Tanjiro and Kanao effectively evaded the spikes coming towards them but Rokuro, who still have a safe distance away from the duo, continued punching the ground as it creates more and more rocky spikes, with each one getting sharper as it emerges from the ground. The duo used the tree branches as a foothold and dodged the spikes but they both knew that they were going nowhere.

"This is getting annoying. Kanao move behind me, I'm going to use my BDA." He told her as she quickly went behind him. Once Tanjiro confirms that she was behind him, he activated his BDA. "Let's see if my protrusions can slice them like butter. Skeletal Alteration - Laceration!" Tanjiro's protrusions shivered violently before it stretched out towards the incoming spike. Much to his delight, it sliced through it, turning the once intimidating spike into nothing but a bunch of pebble.

"You bastard! Slashing them will get you nowhere if I speed up my BDA!" Rokuro yelled once more, smashing the ground even more than he already did and like the name of his BDA, the rocky spikes bursts through the ground in a set of three.

"Kanao, I'm leaving the neck to you. I'll get you there." Tanjiro told Kanao, earning her nod in the process. "Alright, let's go for the win! Laceration!" Tanjiro dashed through spikes without hesitation and left a path of pebbles for Kanao to follow up on. The two rushed swiftly towards Rokuro and they have no intention of slowing down at any given time, much to Rokuro's dismay. They were half-way through and doing great but Rokuro decided to use both his BDA in tandem.

"What the hell are you two?! Is that girl even human to keep up with that speed of yours?! I can even tell that she's not Hashira level! That's it, I'm done playing! Blood Demon Arts - Fracture!" Rokuro hammers the ground hard with both his arms as something out of the ordinary happened. The small area of where Rokuro anticipated the duo suddenly elevated a few meters into the air. "Ha! Now that I can clearly see you two, My Lord wouldn't mind if the two of you have been pierced and be filled with holes." Rokuro smiled, punching the ground once again, creating more spikes as it crawls and approaches the elevated landscape. 

"Is he really just Lower Moon 2? This is something else." Tanjiro commented, looking down at the incoming spikes. "It doesn't change that we have to kill him. Let's continue our pace Kanao. I'll make a path for you to kill him." He uttered as he jumps down towards the spikes and Kanao didn't hesitate to fall with him.

As they fall towards the ground full of spikes, Tanjiro rapidly used his Laceration and wiped out it all out. He used his skeletal tail to make a small foothold for Kanao to land on safely and so she did. They continued their momentum as Rokuro begins to panic. 5 thick walls sprouted from the ground with each side having spikes covering it. He was going to use this to get more distance from them but Tanjiro didn't let him.

"Demonized Sun Breathing - Sun Lance Thrust." Tanjiro whispered to himself as four of his protrusions stopped attacking and wrapped itself around Tanjiro's right arm, creating a lance-like weapon. It slowly enveloped itself with fire as he readies to attack with it. A combination of his Skeletal Alteration and his Sun Breathing - Sunflower Thrust, with the intention of piercing through any thick layers that is being used as a shield or wall. With this in mind, all of the walls that was meant to hold the duo for a few minutes, turned to a few seconds. It devastated all of the walls Rokuro put up. Rokuro was stunned by this that he didn't notice the girl he needed to kill to be right in front of him, ready to send him to his demise. The moment he noticed Kanao, he's head was already flying off from his body. He couldn't utter a word and simply stayed stunned as he disintegrated into the air.

Tanjiro and Kanao met each other once Kanao finished him off. The lance that was used on the walls was still on Tanjiro's arm and Kanao decided to ask him about it.

"Tanjiro... That arm... Is it your other Blood Demon Arts..? And why did it also looked it was on fire? ...You're not hurt by that were you?" Kanao asked him some questions, clearly worried and intrigued by this. Tanjiro happily answered what Kanao asked. She's a bit more talkative now and I'll happily oblige with it. Tanjiro thought to himself and smiled.

"The lance itself was a weapon made with my BDA - Skeletal Alteration and it was combined with me Sun Breathing - Sunflower Thrust. I wanted to practice more on combining what I have to create a more powerful attack. Even though I've fought Muzan once, we can't say for sure if he got stronger or weaker. I'll put in as much effort as needed to defeat him. After all,  I'm keeping my expectations low so that I won't be disappointed in the future. And I'm not hurt by this in any way so I'm okay." Tanjiro answered Kanao, making her sigh in relief. "Shouldn't it be me who needs to ask that? I'm a demon so I can regenerate my limbs but Kanao definitely can't."

"I'm okay as long as you're okay too... Thanks..." Kanao simply shook her head and showed a small smile. Tanjiro saw her smile and quickly turned around, causing Kanao to tilt her head at Tanjiro. ...She's already cute in her own way before she started smiling and now that she's smiling more, it's harder not to blush in front of her. Tanjiro thought to himself before slowly calming down.

TBC