Lower Moon 3

Note: This is an alternate version of Wakuraba. The only thing that is similar is his appearance and that's all. There is no legitimate skills or abilities that he possessed that was shown so I'll make up my own I guess.

Wakuraba's POV

Damn it! Just damn it! Why the hell is it so cold on this mountain!? Where the hell are the humans!? Why is there no prey in this mountain!? Just my damn luck. I thought to myself as I start walking through a layer of snow. How the heck did I end up here again? Ugh... I can't remember it... Sigh... As I continue to track down the snow, I suddenly got a smell and it's not some weak puny human smell. It's a smell of a Hashira! And what's more is that there are two scents of it. And an additional weak human as my appetizer before I dig in to my two Hashira main dish. I thought to myself, licking my lips and reaching for my tanto.

I excitedly activate my Blood Demon Arts: Ambient Cloak and my appearance starts to blend and mirror with my surroundings. I become almost as transparent to the naked eye or to any eye, well, except for a demon's eye though. As I got closer towards them, the first thing I saw was a female Hashira that seems to be treating another female human. I look to my right and saw the other Hashira, who was a male human, and another demon, who has no arms at all and at the mercy of the Hashira. Tch... Weak... He thinks that his so strong huh... Someone who doesn't have the strength or even an overwhelming presence of a Demon Moon is trying to take down two Hashiras? Keep on dreaming dumbass and you'll sent to the afterlife before you even take a single meal. I snickered to myself as I approach the unsuspecting female Hashira.

While the male Hashira is distracted by that weak demon, I used by Blood Demon Arts: Ambient Cloak again to reveal myself behind the female Hashira who still hasn't noticed the presence behind her, which is me. My appearance is a bit slender to other demons. I have black hair with three scar-like X marks on my forehead and my cheeks. Those three marks where made by three different people who was able to inflict damage to me but I ended up killing and admiring them for their great battle against me and their taste too. I have pale, greyish skin colour with short, pointed ears. My eyes were wide and sharp with orange irises with the kanji for "Three" etched into my left eye. 

I quickly jumped towards her and while in mid-air took out my tanto. My tanto is like a katana but shorter. Despite it's length, it is the best weapon for me who has the ability to almost go completely invisible. Assassination is my hobby before I became a demon so I'm glad I can still do it and I'll use this talent and ability of mine and start a Blood Battle to get my rank higher than I am now. Even though I have used these against useless humans and demon slayers, I still have no idea why it is still white with how much blood it has carried, it's not that I don't like the colour of it.

 Even though I have used these against useless humans and demon slayers, I still have no idea why it is still white with how much blood it has carried, it's not that I don't like the colour of it

Anyway, Lower Moon 3 won't suffice me. If I want to ensure my spot at being Lower Moon 1... No... Better yet an Upper Moon..! I'll get more blood from our Lord!!! And then I can continue on my assassination killing spree without anyone stopping me! I thought to myself, smiling like a maniac while I held up my tanto in the air with both of my hands. "Goodbye Hashira! Hello Upper Moon ME!!!" I screamed as she just begins to turn around and could only shriek in front of me.

No One's POV

Wakuraba's tanto was about a few inches away from piercing Kanae's eyes and losing it but before it could even reach, a flash was seen by both Wakuraba and Kanae, as it slowly forms into someone and that someone was Tanjiro. Wakuraba's tanto pierced Tanjiro's chest, right on his heart and went all the way through him with his tanto being about an inch away from Kanae's left eye as Tanjiro's blood drips near her left eye, down to her cheek. Some of the blood that came out from his tanto covered some of her clothes. Wakuraba was shocked at what he saw. a demon let himself impaled to save a human, what's more a Hashira. I have to tell my Lord about this. He didn't even have a presence yet I couldn't see him with my own two eyes- He thought as he snapped back into reality, only to meet the demon in front of him coughs outs blood, spitting it all over hiss face, disgusting him. Lower Moon 3 jumps away using Tanjiro's body, releasing his grip on his tanto which is stuck to the other demon's chest. All three of them, Wakuraba, Giyuu, and Kanae, didn't believe on what they just witnessed. A demon went in between them, impaling him instead of the Flower Hashira.

Tanjiro stood up, regaining his posture and turns around at Kanae, who was visibly shaking and trembling. He then took out a small white cloth in the side of his pants. Kanae, who was petrified by what he just witnessed because her life just flashed before her eyes literally, couldn't do nothing as the demon in front of him starts to reach her out. She could only close her eyes shut and braced herself for whatever terrible thing was coming for her but was only met by a soft and warm feeling on her cheek. She closely opened her eyes to see Tanjiro with a sadistic smile but she noticed that the image she was looking at started to fade as she sees the demon in front of him smiling warmly at her. She then realized that he was wiping the blood off her face. "Here... Please use this to wipe off the rest of the blood on your face and around you..." He warmly smiled and put the white cloth with stained blood on her hand, making her realize that his face was so close to her that it made her blush bright pink and get all flustered by what happened.

Giyuu, on the other hand, was utterly shocked and quiet. He didn't understand what happened except that he felt the snow beside him got blasted away by something or more precisely someone and a flash came out of nowhere that went to the direction of the demon. He couldn't believe that Tanjiro, a demon, saved Kanae from being killed by a fellow demon. He was even more shocked to see that Tanjiro not only saved Kanae, he was helping her get rid of the blood on her. He just stood there, just observing his every movement until he thought of something. Maybe... there is a chance... I'll report this to Oyakata-sama as soon as possible.

TBC

Don't worry because the next chapter is coming right after or even before you finish reading this chapter. I hate cliffhangers myself so just enjoy the next chapter. Don't know if the previous one would be the last one though.