Panic ¦ Marichat {Fluff}

He's panicking, he's reliving the past but hey! Everything is okay because she's here now, Chaton

Requested by my BESTIEE: ChatIsAFeralCatBoi
Original: Marinette confronts Chat when he faces a panic attack (Marichat Fluff)

.

"I'm here, so just lean on my shoulder"

.

He couldn't breathe.

His heart was racing and he was trembling, he could still remember the day when his mother last looked at him.

The day when his mother was last ali-

Clank

His hand shook and his mind was like a blackhole. He didn't want to think of the past anymore, of it anymore but it was suffocating him, devouring his thoughts.

He looked at the broken pieces of the plant vase. His reflection hitting him back and he didn't even feel that he had stumbled.

Broken pieces.

His mouth felt like it was swelling up with a sob.

Broken family.

Beads of sweat formed his forehead.

Broken son.

He could still feel his mother's sweet warm hand on his cheek, saying her goodbyes and declaration of love for her son, he could still remember his father standing behind him, trying to not break down nor shed tear when the monitor just-

Beep beep

He could still hear that sound.

Beeeeep

And he could still hear the way her heart just dropped.

He hated how the miraculous sounded like that when he was about to transform or when there was a few paws left. That's why he wanted to finish the villain before his transformation would catch up.

This time, it was a bit longer.

And he heard that sound for more than three times since he had to retransform.

He closed his eyes and whispered the words to make it all stop, to make it stop, the past, the pain, the trauma. It was all going over his head, his mother's hand still on his cheek, he could feel it. He could-

Warm.

It suddenly felt so warm and so...right.

He felt a warm hand on his back, Caressing him softly as if he was glass and he might break. He couldn't see, why was his vision so blurry?

"You can lean on me. I'm here"

A sweet voice murmured softly and for a moment, it made him stop. He didn't realize that tears were blocking his vision, tears were the ones that blurred his vision.

But he couldn't get his body to stop shaking nor could he stop his tears to stop dropping.

"It's okay Chat Noir, let the tears drop" She spoke once again in an encouraging tone and he protested.

He wanted to stop crying.

He shouldn't cry.

He wanted himself to stop being embarrassing and humiliating.

This was so embar-

"Crying is beautiful. It's a way to show pain and it's also a way to show that you survived the pain. You're pretty strong" She hummed a tune before fiddling with his strands of hair. It oddly calmed him but he couldn't speak.

Sobs were still coming out of his mouth.

He wanted to speak but words died down on his throat when she pulled him closer, holding him tight.

"You're amazing you know that? Look at you, a hero yet so strong, stronger than anyone I know" Marinette continues to speak, her words hitting right through him.

He actually felt.....encouraged. Positive. Alive.

"I-I-"

"Shush. Do you want some corissants? I made a bunch and it's chat noir themed because I was feeling like sly cat" She chuckled, but his head still stayed still on her shoulder.

"No, stay"

"Okay Kitty, I'll stay for as long as you want" She sounded like the light within the darkness. He pulled her closer and rested his face on her shoulder.

She kept stroking his back like he might break.

But he was already broken.

Both knew it.

Yet, she still stayed even when all the pieces were shattered. Gone and never to be found again.

She still stayed, knowing that he was a mess.

And he liked that.

Or maybe it wasn't that that he liked.