𝐭 𝐡 𝐞 𝐭 𝐞 𝐥 𝐥

ALPHA
{ chapter twelve }

ALPHA{ chapter twelve }

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You two starting to get it?" Derek asked us as we watched the scene below from the roof of the video store.

The alpha had just killed an employee while Jackson and Lydia were there. I watched as Jackson argued with Noah.

"Uh, I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why." Scott replied.

"This isn't standard practice, right? We don't go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone, do we?" I asked him.

"No. We're predators. We don't have to be killers." Derek answered.

"Then why is he a killer?" Scott questioned.

"That's what we're gonna find out." He said before turning and walking off.

Scott and I followed him.

✰✰✰✰✰

Scott and I followed Derek to the Hale house in my car.

"You know, I have a life too." Scott told him as we walked inside.

"No, you don't." Derek said walking half way up the stairs before turning around.

"Yes, I do. I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or-" Scott replied before Derek cut him off.

"Part of his pack." Derek corrected.

"Whatever. I have homework to do. I have to go a parent/teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry." Scott announced.

"You wanna do homework? Or do you wanna not die? You have less than a week until the full moon. You two don't kill with him, he kills both of you." Derek told us.

"Hey, I'm so okay with not doing my homework." I stated.

"Okay, but seriously who made up these rules?" Scott asked Derek.

"It's a rite of passage into his pack." He answered.

"You know what else is a rite of passage? Graduating from high school. And you don't have to kill anyone to do it! Why can't you just find him yourself? Why can't you just sniff him out when he's a human?" Scott questioned.

"Because his human scent could be entirely different. It has to be you two. You both have a connection with him, a link that you can't understand. If I can teach you two to control your abilities, you both can find him." Derek told us.