𝐭 𝐡 𝐞 𝐨 𝐯 𝐞 𝐫 𝐥 𝐨 𝐨 𝐤 𝐞 𝐝

ALPHA
{ chapter fourty-four }

ALPHA{ chapter fourty-four }

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Derek and I sat next to Cora's hospital bed. Scott called me telling me that she wouldn't heal during our few days away. Derek sat holding her hand as I sat next to him.

"Derek?" 

We looked to see Cora waking up.

"Hey," He replied softly, "Hey, I'm here."

"What's happening to me?" Cora wondered.

"I don't know," He admitted, "But I'm not leaving, okay? Not again."

He leaned up kissing her forehead before sitting back down.

✰✰✰✰✰

"Derek? Derek, where are you?" We heard Jennifer ask walking in as Stiles and Scott hid in the shadows of the loft.

I was standing at the top of the staircase out of sight. Scott and Stiles came and told us that she was the one sacrificing people and she took Noah and she hurt Lydia.

"Right here." Derek answered, walking out.

"Thank God." She went to hug him but I jumped down from the staircase, landing right in front of him.

"Back off." I said shining my eyes at her.

She stepped back, "They're already here, aren't they?"

Derek and I looked behind her as the two of them came into view. She turned to them.

"So...they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" She questioned.

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott announced.

"Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense." She answered.

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked her as a tear fell down his face.

"How should I know? Derek, tell me you don't believe this." She stated.

"Do you know what happened to his father?" Derek asked from behind me.

"No." She breathed.