𝐯 𝐞 𝐧 𝐨 𝐦 𝐨 𝐮 𝐬

ALPHA
{ chapter twenty-nine }

ALPHA{ chapter twenty-nine }

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I was sitting next to Derek as us and Isaac waited for Erica to get back with Jackson at the train cart. We had our suspicions that he was the Kanima because of how his body reacted to the bite.

"This is karma for biting someone like Jackson." I told Derek.

He turned his head to look at me but I just shrugged in response as Erica walked in with Jackson.

"What happened to you on the night of the full moon?" Derek questioned him.

"What? Nothing. Nothing happened." Jackson hissed as Isaac and Erica held him back.

"You're lying." I pointed out as I listened to his heartbeat.

Derek looked up at Jackson as he slid on a black glove and stood up.

"No, wait, I can--I can prove it. I taped myself." Jackson told us making Isaac and I laugh.

"You taped yourself?" Isaac asked.

"Yes," Jackson replied, "It was the full moon. And maybe while you were curled up in the corner having an existential crisis about turning into a monster, I was preparing for the so-called gift your big, bad alpha promised me, and what did I get? Nothing. You want proof? Let me get the video."

"No," Derek said with a grin as he picked up the shard of the mirror with the Kanima's venom on it, "No, I have a better idea."

"What is that?" Jackson wondered as Erica and Isaac shoved him to his knees.

Derek walked up to him, "You know, Jackson, you've always been kind of a snake...and everyone knows a snake can't be poisoned by it's own venom."

Isaac held open his mouth as Derek let the venom fall into his mouth. Jackson coughed for a second before falling to the ground completely still with his eyes wide open. Paralyzed.

Derek sighed before crouching down in front of him, "You're still a snake, Jackson, just not the one we're looking for."

✰✰✰✰✰

I spotted a suspicious looking Isaac and Erica. I went to walk over to them when I got stopped by Matt.

"Hey Dillon, can I take a picture of you? For the yearbook." He wondered.